• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best protein powder to cook with?

Persistenttiger

I know whey protein does not work well in baking... so many failed attempts at protein muffins and such things, lol. What's the best protein powder to use for cooking with?

I know whey protein does not work well in baking... so many failed attempts at protein muffins and such things, lol. What's the best protein powder to use for cooking with?

Whey can be quite drying in baking but I make a whey protein bread that's pretty good. You just have to add moisture ingredients to it.

Different protein powders will give different results.

I find PEA PROTEIN ISOLATE to be great for baking, especially for breads, muffins, pancakes, protein cakes etc. If you combine it with coconut flour, quinoa flour, amaranth, oats etc, it works really well.

BROWN RICE PROTEIN is also good but will give a denser result. Not bad for fudgy style brownies or blondies, also OK for muffins etc. Good to add a little coconut flour if you'd like to lighten it up a bit or some psyllium.

I like WHEY (WPC OR WPI) for protein bars (unbaked) and stuff like that, although I have baked with them too.

I never use hydrolysed whey for baking - keep that strictly for shakes or it'd be a waste. Plus they are more bitter so the flavour isn't as good.

Micellar casein is great for fluff, puddings, creamy stuff, frosting, desserts. It's also really good in cheesecake as it's very creamy intexture and thickens nicely.

We can't get decent hemp protein here in Australia but it's also pretty good to bake with.

This isn't a total rundown but it's a start.

If you are looking for recipes, here are two blogs that post protein powder recipes (the second is actually mine):

= PROTEIN POW(D)ER ! (Anna's great)

Chocolate Chilli Mango