• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chocolate Nut Spread (healthy nutella)

chocchillimango

I'm including a link to my healthy nutella recipe here as I chuck in some whey protein which makes is awesome.
You can't taste the protein powder so BONUS....

I made a batch today with hazelnuts and some unflavoured WPI and used coconut water instead of water.
It's smooth, NUTELLA goodness ... I used a little coconut sugar to sweeten it cos stevia tastes like utter crapola in this.
Use whatever you prefer. I like coconut sugar as it's actually got some nutritional backbone and a nice toffee flavour and you don't need much.

Recipe link: Chocolate Nut Spread (Healthy) | Chocolate Chilli Mango

Here's the dark deliciousness I made today :D

Attachments

• Nutella with protein.jpg
    Nutella with protein.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 31
Yum. I make something similar for my chocolate loving 4 year old.

Was just reading some of your blog - do you malabsorb fructose? How did you find out? I just came across FODMAP info last night, and am considering trialling a low FODMAP diet (I've had IBS for over 10 years.. doctor told me just to take more fibre and it was it my head). The lists of low FODMAP foods online seem contradictory though.

Looks awesome chocchillimango! Yum!

*Please send me some*

:p

Your blog is also fantastic! Well done sister :)

Yum. I make something similar for my chocolate loving 4 year old.

Was just reading some of your blog - do you malabsorb fructose? How did you find out? I just came across FODMAP info last night, and am considering trialling a low FODMAP diet (I've had IBS for over 10 years.. doctor told me just to take more fibre and it was it my head). The lists of low FODMAP foods online seem contradictory though.

yeah docs will tell you that for years .. I had the same issue. I insisted on getting referred to a gastroenterologist. I ended up being tested for coeliac disease and had the double excitement of a gastroscopy and colonoscopy just to rule out anything sinister.
I then had the tests for lactose and fructose intolerance.

I'm on a low FODMAP diet as I did test positive to fructose and fructans (no surprise to me really) although what triggers symptoms varies from person to person.
I find wheat and some other grains are the worst. I have a theory that it might have been brought on by being a vegetarian most of my life (hey don't judge me :p )
I've turned my diet around (still don't eat meat but I do eat fish now) and I have limited grains (oats in controlled quantities). i stay away from onions, and control my fruit and veg.
I find I can tolerate a little of what's bad for me as it's the fructose load over a day that's really bad. ie a little bit of dates or mango or veggies I shouldn't have won't bother me but if I do that a few times during the day, I'm screwed by evening. So I don't.

A lot of my recipes are low FODMAP and gluten free as a result :)
All the protein recipes are what I make for me basically

Hmm, I'm wondering if I should go down the gastroenterologist route, dietitian or just trial the FODMAP diet. Yesterday I ate some dried dates and apricots and some honey (was making some apricot coconut balls for the kids) and paid for it all afternoon and today it's not good either. The best my guts have ever been is when I did low carb (but I don't think it's a very healthy diet so would never make it a lifestyle change).

Will check out more of your recipes :D Any suggestions for books or websites with good FODMAP info?

Hmm, I'm wondering if I should go down the gastroenterologist route, dietitian or just trial the FODMAP diet. Yesterday I ate some dried dates and apricots and some honey (was making some apricot coconut balls for the kids) and paid for it all afternoon and today it's not good either. The best my guts have ever been is when I did low carb (but I don't think it's a very healthy diet so would never make it a lifestyle change).

Will check out more of your recipes :D Any suggestions for books or websites with good FODMAP info?

yeah I can't do low carb either. sounds like fructose/fructan issues to me. try the FODMAP diet but do note your individual symptoms. e.g. some people can tolerate rye. I can't, which is sad because I love rye bread :(
make sure you eliminate sugar polyols from your diet too .. the sorbitol, malitol, xylitol...no sugar free gum, drinks etc. that stuff will bloat and make you feel sick if you are susceptible.
try it for a few weeks, you should notice a drastic improvement by the end of one week if indeed this is the issue.
but always talk to your doc about it. i had the tests just to be sure. My symptoms were not classic intolerance. Mostly pain, nausea and cramping.
It's made a real difference for me. But it took me the best part of two years mucking about with different foods, although it's not that hard for everyone.
I don't follow the full low FODMAP diet as I don't have an issue with lactose at all. I find broccolini and avocado, eggplant all OK too for example. Problem is that a lot of foods have not yet had their fructan content determined so no-one really knows. A lot of the recommendations are based on trials by people.

For books and info etc, check out Sue Shepherd's site: http://shepherdworks.com.au/disease-information/low-fodmap-diet
I'm critical of the "science" and studies as they look poorly designed and run and there isn't much good science going on in this. Ignore it and see what you find for you. Commonsense is a good guide.

Some recipes on this site (i don't use them so not sure): http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/collections/low+fodmap+diet+recipes

hope that helps! if you google FODMAP recipes, there should be lots of sites..

Last edited:
I think about 1/2 of the whole mixture actually got put into a container. The rest consumed in cooking process LOL.