• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chocolate Coconut Protein Bar (Yo! Joel!)

chocchillimango

OK, this is currently an experiment but oh mamma, yum!
Will perfect over the weekend and update this post with whatever the "most excellent" version happens to be.

So this is what I used:

30g WPI (unflavoured)
15g raw cacao
15g coconut flour
10g coconut milk powder (Ayam from supermarket)
45ml coconut water
stevia to taste

to coat: Coconut crunch/shredded or desiccated coconut - unsweetened

In a blender or food processor, blend up everything except the coconut coating.
The mix is sticky, so I dumped it on a sheet of glad wrap/cling film and formed a bar. Wrapped it and stuck it in the freezer for about 15-20 mins.

took it out, unwrapped and rolled it in the coconut. I cut it into 4 bite-sized pieces but it's essentially one bar.

NB:
1. You could use coconut milk instead of the powder + coconut water. If you do, add about 30 ml and then add more if you need it. Might not be as thick a consistency.

2. If you use flavoured WPI/WPC, use chocolate. You probably don't need to sweeten it in this case as flavoured whey is so freaking sweet anyway :p

3. You can get coconut flour etc at health food and organic shops or online easy. The coconut crunch is cool...look up Banaban coconut products. It's really good for you too...just coconut flesh after the oil is extracted. Tasty.

I don't have macros for this yet. Once I get it sorted, I'll post up macros as well.
This interim pic is fuzzy cos I took it while possessed by hunger :D

Attachments

• IMG_4828-2.jpg
    IMG_4828-2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 57
oh
my
god

LOOKS LIKE LAMINGTONS MUST EAT NAO! NOMNOMNOMONOM

but seriously, would there be a way of making these with say 30g protein/30g carbs/6g fat as macros aswell as tasting as good as they look?

oh
my
god

LOOKS LIKE LAMINGTONS MUST EAT NAO! NOMNOMNOMONOM

but seriously, would there be a way of making these with say 30g protein/30g carbs/6g fat as macros aswell as tasting as good as they look?

Part of my Moomba long weekend mission is to make this again, perfect it, and work out macros.
With coconut and cacao there will be some fat so can't guarantee the 6g fat but the protein is THERE......the balance is carbs and fat. Working on it...will update in a day or so.
Just made some awesome coffee chestnut protein cakes too.. YUMMMM.

well im still keen to see the outcome, i just tried making truffles like the ones on your site i failed haha they taste nasty i dont know what i did, but i just got most ingredients that you need for this just couldnt find coconut flour in supermarket but im fairly sure i can find it in an asian grocers my mum goes to

well im still keen to see the outcome, i just tried making truffles like the ones on your site i failed haha they taste nasty i dont know what i did, but i just got most ingredients that you need for this just couldnt find coconut flour in supermarket but im fairly sure i can find it in an asian grocers my mum goes to

OK what did you do with the truffles? the choc almond ones right? they should definitely not be nasty!!
Let me know and I can let you know what to change.

Coconut flour is most easily found in health food or organic shops for the best ones.

well i used all ingredients

30 grams unsweetened cacao (raw or good quality)
30 grams unflavoured micellar casein* (I use Professional Whey Micellar Casein)
30 grams unflavoured brown rice protein* (I use SunWarrior)
40 grams almond meal
55 grams 100% almond butter
12 grams organic butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, bean paste, or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
1/2 teaspoon natural almond extract/essence
forgot about putting in any sea salt
minimal almond milk

after i mixed it all i ended up rolling them up then in the photos looked like you rolled it in cocao ? so i did the same and tried one this morning was not pleasant dont know what ive done to them haha

well i used all ingredients

30 grams unsweetened cacao (raw or good quality)
30 grams unflavoured micellar casein* (I use Professional Whey Micellar Casein)
30 grams unflavoured brown rice protein* (I use SunWarrior)
40 grams almond meal
55 grams 100% almond butter
12 grams organic butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, bean paste, or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
1/2 teaspoon natural almond extract/essence
forgot about putting in any sea salt
minimal almond milk

after i mixed it all i ended up rolling them up then in the photos looked like you rolled it in cocao ? so i did the same and tried one this morning was not pleasant dont know what ive done to them haha

hmmm i suspect you needed to add some sweetener. i do mention in the post that if you like things sweet, you should add a little sweetener. Always test the mix before you finish up. I don't have a sweet tooth and I like my chocolate very intense. I happily eat 100% cacao and love it. I rarely use sugar for me at all and my palette has adjusted.

I would suggest you either use a flavoured casein (which will be really sweet) and/or add some sweetener of your choice (sugar, sugar substitute, or honey, whatever you prefer).
It's possible you don't like the amaretto flavour which comes through with the almond extract. If not, leave it out. Add more vanilla.

hope that helps!

OK folks, here were go ... renaming these to

CHOCOLATE COCONUT PROTEIN BOMBS

You have to love chocolate and coconut together to love these. Like Bounty Bars. Only DARKER.
You could add other stuff to them, like dried sour cherries, chopped up.
The shredded coconut wins out as the best coating for these. :D

Bounty Bar Protein Bombs_4871_wm_4x5.jpg

Note there are only 3 in the pics ... I ate one for quality control purposes :p

Check out the gooey choc-coco centre ...
Bounty Bar Protein Bombs_4878_wm_4x5.jpg

Ingredients:
35g unflavoured WPI (if you use flavoured, choose chocolate)
15g unsweetened cacao
15g coconut flour
10g Ayam coconut milk powder (available at Coles & Woolies)
45ml coconut water
sweetener to taste*

about 10g or so of unsweetened shredded coconut (I use Loving Earth organic)

*I used 1.5 tsp Natvia (stevia sweetener available at Coles) but you can use whatever you like. If you use a flavoured WPI, you may not need to add anything, given they are very sweet usually.

Method:

Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Add the coconut water and mix thoroughly with a fork or whisk until smooth.
It will be thick and sticky. Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes just to make it easier to handle.

Place the shredded coconut in a dish. You might need a little extra to toss them into but, if you are anal about it, weigh before and after.
Use a spoon to scoop up about 1/4 of the chocolate mixture and drop into the coconut. I use 2 teaspoons to toss it around until nicely coated.

Repeat and place them onto a lined tray or plate. Place in the fridge to set a bit.

EAT.

The macros here are for the coated bombs:
Choc Coconut Bombs_macros.jpg

Didnt get time to make these on the w/e but def will....they look even better now!!!

Didnt get time to make these on the w/e but def will....they look even better now!!!

yep, decided the whole "make it into a bar" thing was stupid and DIFFICULT cos they're more like truffles. you could stiffen the mix with a little more WPI if you wanted to.
I just whacked them in the freezer then coated in coconut. BOUNTY BAR HEAVEN. :D

yep, decided the whole "make it into a bar" thing was stupid and DIFFICULT cos they're more like truffles. you could stiffen the mix with a little more WPI if you wanted to.
I just whacked them in the freezer then coated in coconut. BOUNTY BAR HEAVEN. :D

mmmmmmmmmmmm sounds good!