• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Manorexia

The condition dubbed as `manorexia,' results in sufferers being determined to become more muscular, despite some exhibiting more muscles than the average person.

What a poorly worded sentence. So just because you have more muscle than teh average person (which is very little), it is abnormal for you to want to be a bit bigger?

I think this is a condition which some people have (eg synthol abusers), but the way it is described in the article is ridiculous.

The condition dubbed as `manorexia,' results in sufferers being determined to become more muscular, despite some exhibiting more muscles than the average person.

What a poorly worded sentence. So just because you have more muscle than teh average person (which is very little), it is abnormal for you to want to be a bit bigger?

I think this is a condition which some people have (eg synthol abusers), but the way it is described in the article is ridiculous.

There's nothing at all wrong with wanting to be bigger and isn't necessarily manorexia. Just like it isn't necessarily anorexia if one decides to lose weight.

It's the absolute obsession with either that can cause problems. Same as gambling, drinking, whatever.

doesn't really say alot, i mean hell, given the right population subgroup there's atleast 10% of women with fake breasts.

so 10% of males training think they small, nothing new... fat people wanna be lean, small people wanna be jacked, straight hair want curly... the list goes on.

Megarexia I've heard it called. Just wanting to get bigger. Not being big enough in your own mind. Being HUGE! I think thats what my penis suffers from. I just like not being a scrawny ****.
Pretty sure everyone wants to be bigger/smaller/ leaner/ hotter/ tanned-er/ skankier/ awesome-er/better than they see themselves now. It's a social conditioning. Don't blame us for being that way, we're just products of our environment.

Haha

Who would have thought; a one sided discussion about manorexia on a body building forum!

I think that it is a real issue. Just like bulemia and anorexia affecting those in the relentless pursuit to become thin. Manorexia is the extreme desire to continue with muscle building to ridiculous proportions or an endless pursuit of 'perfection' above all else.