• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

unwanted attention from customers

sookie

Hi all

My partner came home stressed after dealing with these particular customers.
What happened,
customers giving her unwanted attention by saying. I missed you. We should date. Leering and its not a stare its one of those, I want to eat your soul.My partner doesn't like this but if not one of those confrontation type when it comes to these sorts of things. She pretty much ignored the comments. But I believe your addressing the issue.

I've advised her to talk to her manager about this topic and if there is any training she could take up to avoid this from happening.

If it were me, id tell these kids to pull their head in. I'm not gonna tolerate this kind of behaviour as its unacceptable.

I am not jelly just looking for some advice I could give her.

I've advised her to talk to her manager about this topic and if there is any training she could take up to avoid this from of behavior.

That sounds like a very good approach. What type of work place is this? Is she aboe to (somewhat) pass the buck onto a co-worker, ie a bloke or somebody not as easy on the eyes?

A great way to shoot people down is to interact as little as possable, ie 'how was toy our weekend?' 'ok thank you'.

Seen it happen plenty of times when I was manager of a store back in the good old days. If staff didn't tell me about it there was jack all I could do so it'd continue happening. If they did tell me, I'd tell the guys off next time they came by.

Usually if a male tells them off they'll stop. If not, the security guys who wander around the shops for a living become quite friendly with the managers since they see them often, so they're willing to assist ;)

Hi power builder
A bank branch. She caught them staring at her from the distance and was uncomfortable with interacting with the 2 boys and ask a staff member if they could meet their needs. On two occasions she was unable to find a replacement.

I will talk to her about how they made her feel and come up with something. I will also mention about talking when necessary

If my staff have issues with customers I usually throw someone else on in their position, otherwise I tell them to use the words "that is unnecessary" or "thankyou but its unappreciated". Her best weapon is declining/rejecting any advances, and not using the words "I'm sorry but", this will immediately make her the recessive party. Strong and confident decline!

Hi power builder
A bank branch. She caught them staring at her from the distance and was uncomfortable with interacting with the 2 boys and ask a staff member if they could meet their needs. On two occasions she was unable to find a replacement.

I will talk to her about how they made her feel and come up with something. I will also mention about talking when necessary

Well....sadly these things happen...not able to find a replacement there and then when needing get away. Reinforce that the bank has a duty of care for the mrs physical and mental wellbeing.

Her TL should be able to provide sufficient assistance. There is probably a good bit of resources knocking around the HR dept. Dunno if its available..but its worth thinking about accesibg the EAP provider.

•how long has deep been a super mod? She makes a good point, using the phrase 'sorry but changes the message. Instead of 'sorry, but let's keep things professional should be 'let's just keep things professional.' Its important that she at least looks ahd sounds assertive.

Last edited:
Great responses and will be passed on. I thought of another strategy. Mrs can ask her colleges how do they respond when in this situation.

Good idea also Sookie, and the more people in her workplace who know her situation will be more people to support her :)
Best of luck :)

if there are team meetings (which happen in a lot od different jobs & industries)...where team members talk about team issues and stuff...that'd be a good time to broach the issue.