• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bumper plates

pistol

G'day, there hasn't been any review of what bumpers recently, just wondered what's out there that's recommended.

Also what's available in Sydney, the Ironedge pack costs about $165 to post to me.

thanks,

from what i've found on sites..

plate - thickness for 20kg - price

Iron edge normal - 65mm - $200/pair
iron edge premium - 54mm - $290/pair (50.4mm hole)
GD muscle motion - 65mm - $190/pair
GD black bumpers - 86mm - $180/pair
SMAI - 85mm - $264/pair
garage Gym (G2) 60mm? - $280/pair
hercules (china) ????? - $308/pair
Body iron ??mm - $180/pair
Werk san economy ??mm -- $330/pair
Werk san IWF certified ??mm -- $380/pair
Pendlay econo V2 ??mm -- $190/pair
Pendlay Black L33t ??mm -- $250/pair
Pendlay colour L33t ??mm -- $300/pair
others?

Last edited:
I'm going to stock G2 bumper plates, colored and in black when we move at the end of the month.

They are the best bang for buck plates I've found.

Muscle Driver Australia stocks the Pendlay range of gear.

Warehouse is an hour or two drive from Sydney iirc, for those looking to minimise postage.

Cheers mate, good post, I've been through the first 30 pages of a Google search, but haven't came up with much extra.

The Pendlay plates seem to be well priced.

from what i've found on sites..

plate - thickness for 20kg - price

Iron edge normal - 65mm - $200/pair
iron edge premium - 54mm - $290/pair (50.4mm hole)
GD muscle motion - 65mm - $190/pair
GD black bumpers - 86mm - $180/pair
SMAI - 85mm - $264/pair
garage Gym (G2) 60mm? - $280/pair
hercules (china) ????? - $308/pair
Body iron ??mm - $180/pair
Werk san economy ??mm -- $330/pair
Werk san IWF certified ??mm -- $380/pair
Pendlay econo V2 ??mm -- $190/pair
Pendlay Black L33t ??mm -- $250/pair
Pendlay colour L33t ??mm -- $300/pair
others?

G'day Chris, have you used the Pendlay V2's before? If so what are they like?

Anyone else used them? Comments?

Muscle Driver Australia stocks the Pendlay range of gear.

Warehouse is an hour or two drive from Sydney iirc, for those looking to minimise postage.

I've not used them personally.

Pendlay has enough faith in them to think they are on par/better than the Eleikos - for a lot less money.

I've heard nothing but good things overall, initial product batches I believe had an issue with the centre hub not being 100% but that got sorted a while ago.

Muscle Driver has a facebook page with a lot of happy customers (including many Crossfit gyms).

For the money I think they are a fantastic option, I would drive up and test them out myself though (or if you can find out a local Crossfit that has them, try out there).

0e790459ad4de581e3fc7ab5dfb1.jpg

ahh, on site they only list bars/collars for Ivanko, and nothing on price list.

20kg ABC plate$ are 56mm thick, 25's are 60mm

When I can clean & jerk 120kg i'm going to get a pair of those 50kg Ivanko bumpers.

ahh, on site they only list bars/collars for Ivanko, and nothing on price list.

20kg ABC plate$ are 56mm thick, 25's are 60mm

You have to email them, thats how I got my 50KG Ivanko Steel plates.

Bumpers or just plates? How much?

Any timeline or prices on when you think you'll start selling the Garage bumpers?

For anyone reading, the Pendlay V2 economy bumpers are 90mm thick for the 25/20kg's, I suppose it wouldn't matter much for me as I'd only be using for the power/ olympic lifts and I'm no He Man.

My 408kg of ivankos should arrive today :).

I don't think he is selling the G2 bumpers, but rather use them in his gym lol. Pretty sure gymandfitness sell them but not 100%

And Stickler got the calibrated powerlifting plates from Ivanko to use in comps (plz correct if incorrect Stick)

at 90mm thick pretty sure you can only get like 220 max on a bar lol

I'm pretty sure Scott is going to become a Garage reseller.

Yeah I know the Pendlays are bloody thick! The tolerances are very impressive though, +/- 10g!

I don't think he is selling the G2 bumpers, but rather use them in his gym lol. Pretty sure gymandfitness sell them but not 100%

And Stickler got the calibrated powerlifting plates from Ivanko to use in comps (plz correct if incorrect Stick)

at 90mm thick pretty sure you can only get like 220 max on a bar lol

Yeah, I'll be a distributor for G2 bumper plates once we move. They are by far the best quality plate i have used that are well priced.

I bought competition PL plates, not Bumpers.

I can also add that the G2 bumpers are excellent quality for the price. The oly club I used to lift at had mostly them but a few ABC and eleiko plates and I preferred the G2's.

I know the coach also thought pretty highly of them too.

Full disclosure I do sell the G2 bumpers, but regardless theyre a good plate.