• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When to train

Bonfield

I have been training Monday to thursday, now i am busy Tuesday Wednesday and Saturday, I want to start PPP but I'm unsure as to what to do on what day so my free days after work are Monday Thursday Friday Sunday and it's going to be like this for the next year at least so I want to get into a structured routine

Please help

mon - squat
thurs - deadlift
sat - bench

thats what id do, u get
3 nights sleep between squat and deads,
2 nights sleep between deads and bench
4 nights between deads and squat

Saturday's are out the only free days are Monday thursday Friday sunday
of sorry, read sunday and saturday lol
ill revise what i said to suit.....

mon - squat
thurs - deadlift
sun - bench

thats what id do, u get
3 nights sleep between squat and deads,
3 nights sleep between deads and bench
4 nights between deads and squat

nah, i used to train 2 days a week, tuesdays and fridays.
yours is well spaced out, plenty of recovery time, but not overkill :)

7 days is pretty extreme, I would like to train more been thinking about going to the gym before work but it will be hard getting home at 11 after work the. Getting up at 530 for the gym, I suppose I will get used to it but I do like my sleep

Is it just as simple as mon - squat 3x10 leave thurs - deadlift 3x10, sun - bench 3x10 etc

What exercises should I add each day?

Is it just as simple as mon - squat 3x10 leave thurs - deadlift 3x10, sun - bench 3x10 etc

What exercises should I add each day?
i do this type of lift per day sort of thing, if u want a better idea of assistance have a peek in my log...
now you say your doing PPP right?

for squat day;
squat PPP

GHR
reverse hyper
chins/lat pull down
ab wheel roll outs

bench day;
bench PPP

then maybe one or 2 of these; inclines, declines, dumbbells, close grips
chins/lat pull down
barbell rows

deadlift day;
deadlift PPP

light squats (when i do deads i will always do light squats after them, they feel like shit, but after them you feel better)
GHR
hyper/revers hyper extentions (id pick one or the other, but its up to you)
chins/lat pulldown
ab wheel roll outs

thats just rough outline of what you can do.
u can alternate assistance if u dont want to do the same exercises each night :)

if you still want to sub in working exercises such as military press or cleans, you can, but u just need you use your head for what night you do them on, like i wouldnt do working bench then working MP in the same night as one will hinder the other.

Thanks, how come you do light squats after deads?

Also what's the differance between GHR and back extension I googled it and they GHR seems the same

Light squats re-inforce technique and aid in decompression of the spine following deadlifts.

Back extension the movement is from the hips, glute ham raise from the knees
you need to work on your googling skills my man

Thanks, how come you do light squats after deads?

Also what's the differance between GHR and back extension I googled it and they GHR seems the same
im assuming u mean hyper extension? hypers will hit your glutes and back alot harder then and a GHR will, GHR will hit your hammies more then your back.... the key to a big squat, is strong hams. key to a big dead, is a strong back.

GHR u break at the knees and keep your hips locked.
hyper extensions you break at the hips

as graham said, squats after deads decompress the spine.

as graham said, squats after deads decompress the spine.

How does that work when you still have weight on your shoulders pushing down on your spine? Srs question btw

Wouldn't hanging from a bar be better to decompress the spine?