• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions on this routine..

chad

Hey guys i'm currently following Max-OT.. it seems to be working pretty well but i like the look of this routine i found and just after some peoples opinions on it....

Monday: Chest & Calves
4 sets of incline dumbbell press, 8-10 reps
3 sets of bench press, 8-10 reps
3 sets of incline flies, 8-10 reps
3 sets of chest dips until failure
2 sets of standing calf raises until failure
2 sets of donkey calf raises until failure

Tuesday: Legs
4 sets of squats 8-10 reps
3 sets of leg press
3 sets of leg extensions
3 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts suppersetted with leg curls

Wednesday: Biceps & Triceps
4 sets of chin-ups suppersetted with barbell curls
3 sets of 21′s
3 sets of close-grip bench press
4 sets of pulldowns
3 sets of skullcrushers

Thursday: Shoulders
4 sets of miliatary press suppersetted with lateral raises
3 sets of upright rows
3 sets of front raises 3 sets of lying rear delt raises

Friday: Back
3 sets of wide grip chins until failure
4 sets of deadlifts
3 sets of bent over rows
3 sets of T-bar rows

33 sets of pressing
17 sets of pulling

I don't see why you need 13 sets of chest work either, or a day dedicated to arms, or why you would put shoulders on a different day to chest as most of the chest work involves the shoulders

I'd rate it 3/10 I hope you have healthy rotator cuffs lol

I will tell you about a principle that goes along way with training.
Its called KISS

Keep
it
simple
stupid

I suggest this, but its only my opinion;
Create your routine with mass compound movements as a base and add in your isolation exercises around them. Understand what muscles are being used and add isolation exercises to create balance and symmetry.
Go back to the drawing board, make it simpler and use the method I described to develop a routine. Some of the guys will have more to add but this is not of my concern, I just want you to develop a better understanding of what exercises stimulate what muscle and try to create a balanced routine.

Just sayin
G

Last edited:
12-15 sets for legs (including calves). 12-14 sets for back. 10-12 sets chest. 8-10 sets shoulder. 6-9 sets triceps. 6-9 sets biceps. just for thought

3 for bis and tris since they receive ample stimulation from presses and dips (tris) and rows and chins (bi's)

Lol fair enough.

I really like the idea of a split routine so can one of you suggest what you think is the most effective example of a GOOD split routine?????

Cheers

I'll be more than happy to suggest a split routine when you find a way to sleep half your body.

In meantime I suggest you do full-body routines with an emphasis on body parts you want to develop. :)