• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to cook steak restaurant style?

pumpiniron

Hey guys does anyone know how to cook steak so its soft and juicy and easy to chew, just like the ones you eat at a rsl or restaurants. Thanx would really appreciate it

Seer both sides then chuck it in the oven. People over complicate it.

Buy a decent cut of meat to start out with and only season with salt and pepper if anything.

Pan seer. Seals in all the juices and flavours.

When l used to work at a restaurant they used to seer it for 30ish seconds a side on a really hot surface and then stick it in the oven for... l honestly dont know what the %'s are with how hot the oven is plus the thickness of the steak.

Dont over complicate things though.

with no sear, standard coles/woolies scotch fillet = 180deg for 12mins.
adjust to suit :p

I cook mine on the BBQ grill,
1. Let the meat get to room temp
2. Season
3. put on grill and cook on one side until blood 'pools' on the top side
4. Flip over and brown off other side
5. Enjoy :)

Depends on thickness and cut.
I like a nice 1" thick sirloin, plenty of pepper, sear extremely high heat both sides and also the edges for thick cuts. Then its 5-10 mins in a moderate oven...and most importantly for tenderness, rest for at least 5-10 mins. Chili chutney is the bomb for sauce :)

I normally heat the pan very hot with no oil. Have the steak at room temp season and oil the steak then whack on the pan for 2-3 mins per side.

agree just salt n pepps
hot bbq ~ 250, sear both sides for 2 minutes each just one turn
turn down bbq to just on, ~100-150 for another 5-10, rest for same and enjoy,
m-rare @ 1 inch grain fed month+ aged cryovac rib. num num num.

1) Preheat a frying pan until its hot as all buggery, then cover pan in coconut oil
2) Grab a room temp steak (not a frozen one), cover it in shit you like (salt, pepper, garlic, garlic salt, masterfoods steak blend).
3) Cook 3 minutes each side, once only! Flip the fucking thing more than that and I'll hunt you down and fucking kill you.
4) ???
5) profit.

1) Preheat a frying pan until its hot as all buggery, then cover pan in coconut oil
2) Grab a room temp steak (not a frozen one), cover it in shit you like (salt, pepper, garlic, garlic salt, masterfoods steak blend).
3) Cook 3 minutes each side, once only! Flip the fucking thing more than that and I'll hunt you down and fucking kill you.
4) ???
5) profit.

Ha ha definitely agree with number 3 !
Lol :)

Sorry but I disagree, I flip mine after 10sec to seal in the juices, then once more...after a minute of cooking the pool of blood sitting on top is all the juice going to waste...each to their own, that's I do it...
But anyone her believe Tomato Sauce should be banned on a steak?