• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Glimpse of my mortality

TrentZor

today i got hit by a car trailer and it took out my leg while i was on the motorbike. I blacked out for like 5 seconds. When i came to i had a glimpse of mortality.

This is the 3rd time ive come off over 4 years of riding.
Most while driving in the city.

The wife wants me to sell the bike as its different now after having a child bu i guess i denied it for so long.

The bike is the only thing that keeps whatever i had of my youth.

I dont want my daughter being fatherless or having a crippled dad.
So im going to suck it up and sell the bike

i thought budda was invincible?

that sucks, its good that you are okay though.

Any major injuries?

yeah i think i have a fractured knee.
HUrts like hell atm. Xray results will tell tommorrow. I can walk (or hop) but hurts with pressure on it.

Ive know a few mates who have lost their lives on bikes or cripples. I think as much as i love riding all these years. Ive got priorities wuch as my wife and daughter.

That sucks man, you could have died.

And can I have your stuff?

What sorta bike is it and how much you selling it for?

lol sure u can have all i own.. im worth $2. My wife and daughter own everything else

Its a cbr1000rr 2007 model worth 9.5k

your doing the right thing by selling the bike, more important things to life than holding onto a feeling of youth.

good to hear your ok though.

I can tell you all about motorbike accidents....I think I have told you...
Very wise choice.....

i ride a motorbike in brisbane mostly in peak hour traffic and have near misses all the time. i would give up riding if i had kids.

good thinking mate. My brothers wife mum flew over two cars on the sydeny harbor bridge as a result of a bike accident.

The most important thing is to keep the most important thing, the most important thing.

yeah my mate has come off a few times. Same thing happened to my cousin, he gave it away too. I haven't owned a bike, but after seeing my mate do a track day at Phillip Island, I really do want to get one while i'm not married.

Soory to hear Trent, I hope you have a fast recovery. I personly would keep the bike if I were you and yes I have two kids however I would reassess how you use the bike like weekend rides in the country etc. I'm not pointing any fingers but when I'm in the city I all to often see bike riders blatantley disregard there own saftey and road rules to get to the top of the traffic pack. Same as if you drive a car in a hoon way your more likely to crash, the hazards are still there it just the consequence that changes.

your doing the right thing by selling the bike, more important things to life than holding onto a feeling of youth.

good to hear your ok though.

so because im 16, im not allowed to have a mature point of view?

why risk your life (and lives others) over something that is stupid/not worth it.

He was referring to the 'holding onto a feeling of youth' part. It is easy to say that when you are 16....

You might not feel the same way when you are 40+

tumblr_ln5bo5Hrvz1qa1ub8o1_500.jpg

do you have a problem..... getting old.
can you do something about it...... no.
dont worry.

Get a Harley, there big dominating fuckers that cost a fortune, than no one will hit you for fear of having to pay for the fucker LOL :p

In all honesty, I don't think a motorbike is a very good machine for commuting, much better to have a small car. I think its wise to sell the bike or at least only use it as a recreational toy, like take it to the track or something. They are too dangerous for just getting around on, and as you have said, others are expecting you to come home at the end of the day.

G