• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

workout for the wifey

bradsky

do I even lift?
hey guy's my wife wants me to plan a workout for her. Basically I'm thinking a full body routine 2 or 3 days a week. she has limited time and her motivation isn't as high as it could be so I want it to be as quick and simple as possible.

Here is what I have so far:

Squats 2 sets 10-15 reps

shoulder press 2 sets 10-15 reps

Pushups 2 sets 10-15 reps

situps 2 sets 20-30 reps

all the exercises will basically be with an empty barbell for starters, My thinking is target the core, glutes and legs and a bit of upper body compunds to round things off.

Is there anything I'm overlooking here?

Advice and tips apreciated

maybe something like:

squat 10x3
bench 3x8
row 3x8
Stiff leg deads 3x8
o/head press 3x8
curls 3x8

?

Thanks for the input, here is a revised idea. It's a 2 day split both targeting the legs and core and alternating the upper body and hitting the calves once per week. (sets and reps are like that to keep it short and simple)

Day 1

Squats 2 sets 8-10 reps

shoulder press 2 sets 10-15 reps

romanian deadlift 2 sets 8-10 reps

Pushups 2 sets 10-15 reps

situps 2 sets 20-30 reps

Day 2

Squats 2 sets 15-20 reps

romanian deadlift 2 sets 15-20 reps

bent over rows 2 sets 10-15 reps

barbell curls 2 sets 12-15 reps

calf raises 2 sets 20-30 reps (bodyweight)

situps 2 sets 20-30 reps

Last edited:
Do whatever she likes but you could so all of that in one 30 minute session with a women's idea of a rest period.

My wifes is:

3xGoblet Squat
3xRomanian Deadlift
3xPushups
3xLat Pulldowns
3xShoulder Press
3xRows
and some sets of bodyweight lunges thrown in at her discretion.

That takes her 30 minutes max in our garage gym. My clients do similar programs but a little less volume as they aren't as tough as my wife. This is done 2 times per week normally , 3 hopefully.

Dave has been with his wife for going on 10 years. And no I don't know what is wrong with her.

My wifes is:

3xGoblet Squat
3xRomanian Deadlift
3xPushups
3xLat Pulldowns
3xShoulder Press
3xRows
and some sets of bodyweight lunges thrown in at her discretion.

That takes her 30 minutes max

Hell yeah Dave, I like it! I will try her on that for 2 sets at first to see how she goes thanks for the reply's.:)