• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

guy from work

mocha

Theres a new guy at work at he always asks me to lunch and last time paid for it..
1. do u think he wants to get in my pants even thought ive spoken about my boyfriend before
2. do u guys do that often? i.e. shout girls lunch? maybe hes just a nice guy?

the last time i went out for drinks with someone from work ( he paid) he cracked onto me and tried to make me come home with him, then i didnt speak to him for days and he ended up leaving my work.. maybe scared i would get him into trouble?
im not sure how to interpret nice gestures from guys anymore

Guys and girls can't be platonic(spelling?) friends if there's an attraction either way.

And yes he does wan't to make sexy time with your face. I don't think you should be going out on lunch time play dates with said 'nice guy' and letting him pay if you have a boyfriend as it's kind of leading him on l think even if you've said you have a boyfriend.

My .02

good chance hes into you...

but then he could just want some company so his not alone....

If he's asking you to lunch, paying for it and constantly offering to pay then he's trying to make too good of an impression.

I don't shout someone lunch unless i have a particular reason (thanks for help on the weekend; long time no see, birthdays etc.)

Edit:
as said above he might be looking to make a friend and get some company
regardless of what i have said give the guy the benefit of the doubt

you have done the defensive boyfriend mention so that should be enough

Guys and girls can't be platonic(spelling?) friends if there's an attraction either way.

And yes he does wan't to make sexy time with your face. I don't think you should be going out on lunch time play dates with said 'nice guy' and letting him pay if you have a boyfriend as it's kind of leading him on l think even if you've said you have a boyfriend.

My .02

yeah i know hey but i know some dudes just like to pay for girls shit like its their culture or whatever, hmm its not a playdate tho just lunch downstairs..
do u think its wrong? I have no attraction to him or anything

He does to you though. To be honest if l was your boyfriend l wouldn't care but thats because im not a jelous person. If you're asking the question though you probably think it's wrong.

I dont think its wrong going to lunch with a guy from work.. because its just at the work cafe like not going out for a drive having a secluded lunch or something..
Im just wondering if you guys would ask a girl from work to lunch and pay every so often but are just "friends"

yeah i know hey but i know some dudes just like to pay for girls shit like its their culture or whatever, hmm its not a playdate tho just lunch downstairs..
do u think its wrong? I have no attraction to him or anything

Its a nice-guys nature to pay for everything, lap it up. Know your boundaries and keep them clear with him and stick to them. He may just like female company.:D
I love people paying my way!:cool:

Its a nice-guys nature to pay for everything, lap it up. Know your boundaries and keep them clear with him and stick to them. He may just like female company.:D
I love people paying my way!:cool:

haha yeah, i know some girls have heaps of guy friends who shout them nights out clubbing all the time.. usually asian or middle eastern.. and im like whaaa???!?!
but its normal for them

Im just wondering if you guys would ask a girl from work to lunch and pay every so often but are just "friends"
I do all the time (amost every day :p ), but they are all married/older/younger/not available.. and it works on a "I pay this time, you pay next time" kind of deal.. mostly depends on who remembered to bring cash.
(except for 1 or 2 where they really have no cash, but that's ok).

if he is on a much higher salary, maybe he feels obligated to use it for good rather than evil? :D (I always expect my managers to pay, and I pay for younger/lower people, but thats just my japanese side coming out ;) )

or.. he's trying to get in your pants, so you should remind him of sexual harrassment laws/your company EEO policy ;)

next time get someone else to come along ("why don't we ask so and so if they want to come too").. and if he's just looking to make new friends, he'll be happy if others join :) and insist on paying for your own lunch.

Last edited:
I do all the time (amost every day :p ), but they are all married/older/younger/not available.. and it works on a "I pay this time, you pay next time" kind of deal.. mostly depends on who remembered to bring cash.
(except for 1 or 2 where they really have no cash, but that's ok).

if he is on a much higher salary, maybe he feels obligated to use it for good rather than evil? :D (I always expect my managers to pay, and I pay for younger/lower people, but thats just my japanese side coming out ;) )

or.. he's trying to get in your pants, so you should remind him of sexual harrassment laws/your company EEO policy ;)

next time get someone else to come along ("why don't we ask so and so if they want to come too").. and if he's just looking to make new friends, he'll be happy if others join :) and insist on paying for your own lunch.

lol oh man i dont wanna shout him lunch next time im pretty pov ha
ill make sure he doesnt shout me again..
i spose he couldve thought of it like that

I do all the time (amost every day :p )

yeah ill generally shout someone a meal or a movie ticket etc, if im out with mates.

good idea there mate, if hes only doing it to get in your pants he will be undecided at first. ladies and gentlemen, we have a genius in our midst

I think it's bullshit that guys are still expected to pay for 'x'. Chicks bitch about being treated as an equal but when it comes to that and some other things its a 'guys' job then to pay and be a 'gentleman'

I think it's bullshit that guys are still expected to pay for 'x'. Chicks bitch about being treated as an equal but when it comes to that and some other things its a 'guys' job then to pay and be a 'gentleman'
so........who's paying for your valentines dinner?:eek:

This, it will sort out what he is doing. Watch body language, hesitation etc too as he may give away his intent with it but still agree to someone else to come.

Why don't people pay for my lunch, I am a pretty good looking lady... just a bit tall and big and I eat a lot.