• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Avanti power rack

tasc4life

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these racks??

http://workoutworld.com.au/store/benches-&-strength-equipment/avanti-exm-power-cage.html

I can get hold of one, minus the pulley att but can't find much on them in regards to how much they will hold!!

Could find the total weight of the rack (being 95kg) , but nothing on the spotters or J hooks???

Has anyone used a rack like this or know of anyone who has one? I don't want something that's gonna shake around to much with racking & chins.

Thanks in advance for any input :)

Ps. I won't be buying it from w/out world, and would love a rack better discussed on this forum, however finds play a massive role in this one...

If you are buying a new rack I think there are better options for that sort of money, oe for a little more money you could go a commercial rack.
If you are buying second hand just go and have a look at it and shake it around/do some pull-ups etc.

Yeah definitely not buying it brand new from there!!

It's second hand, however it's a good hour away and just trying to work out whether it's worth the travel.... Hoping someone on here may have come across one, otherwise I'll have to call in to the store nearby and swing from theirs lol!

I can get one for $350 (maybe a little cheaper ;) ) with 100kg weight, an oly bar, FID bench..

Just rang workout world and asked if they had the specs...

When I asked what kind of weight it would hold, the bloke says "I wouldn't be squatting anymore then 100kg safely, If your gonna be squatting more than that I'd be using a smith machine mate, there safer"..... WTF! I should have known not to bother calling.... Lol

mate I had an older version of this rack and it was pretty sturdy.

It didn't move too much, I did chins at 125kg, 140kg squats and had around 200kg for rack pulls.

The older version was pretty solid made of 3x2"

Jump on it quick for that price.

Cheers for the feedback. Yeah it's the older model and looks quite chunky!! It's got to be good enough for me, just gotta find enough room to fit it!! Will have to be stored for a little while ;) (pending purchase of coarse)

Hi again,

Just realized that money is waaaay tighter atm than I would have hoped :(!!

It is a good deal and will definitely regret my decision, but after working $$ out I would be making a very selfish decision if I outlayed the money on this, instead of other things!! (not that anything is more important than a good squat rack!!! Lol)

Plus I would have had to store it until I build a roof over the slab area I want to use it on!!

If anyone else is interested, this is the link to the eBay page;
Avanti Home Gym - Power Cage With Accessories

(Hope it works, I'm still new to this forum stuff)

I just msg'd the seller for buy it now and she returned straight up with $350. I have emailed her again telling her I don't want it anymore do it may work in your favor (as she might make a rash decision thinking no one will want it)

Anyways, thanks to all who contributed with feedback.... Hopefully something similar comes along once it's new home is complete!!!

Thanks,

Clint

Last edited: