• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

chocchillimango

I was going to post this on my blog but am waiting to make it again and get a good pic.

For now, have to share this...for the sweet tooth but without added sugars.
This cheesecake rocks.

A little different to the usual high protein cheesecake :)

Pear & Date Cheesecake

Serves
2 - 4

Ingredients
500g low fat cottage cheese (1% - I use Elgaar Farm Organics...awesome)
50g almond meal (or whole almonds)
2 eggs
2 - 3 medjool dates
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or cinnamon (optional)
200g peeled and diced pear (or 200g 100% pear puree babyfood)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 150C. Grease and line an 18 - 20cm springform tin.
I like to line the base with silicone baking paper...makes it easy to remove the cheesecake as it has no crust.
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Prepare the pear last to avoid it browning.
Whizz until smooth. Pour into the prepared tin.
Bake for 45 - 60 mins until a little risen and golden on top.
Let sit in the switched off oven for 20 mins with the door ajar - so it starts to cool slowly and won't fall and crack.
Remove and let cool. Cover and place in the refrigerator for several hours of overnight before turning out to serve.
I sprinkled on some extra cinnamon and a few slices of fresh pears.

Really light and fruity sweet and creamy!

Pic and macros attached :)

Attachments

• Pear & Date Cheesecake_4515_wm_4x5.jpg
    Pear & Date Cheesecake_4515_wm_4x5.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Pear & Date Cheesecake_macros.jpg
    Pear & Date Cheesecake_macros.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 20