• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Joe (JSNDRS)'s 2012 Body Transformation

J

JSNDRS

Well, I haven't given anyone a chance to reply as to whether I'm still eligible to enter the competition, but even if I'm not I figure it doesn't hurt to play along. ;)

Goal: Complete physical transformation. I've never been below 25% bodyfat in my life, so I've got no idea what I look like underneath all the fat (and hair?) Planning to find out this year.

I actually started the process on January 2, so I'm a month in today. Stats listed below are from my starting point. In my second post I'll put up updated stats from the 4 week mark.

Vitals as at January 2.

Name: Joe
Height: 191cm / 6'3"
Weight: 138kg (nice to be on an Aussie site where I don't have to convert to pounds. :cool:
BF%: Unknown at that date. See below post.

Deadlift: 210kg
Squat: 195kg
Bench: 145kg
OHP: 87.5kg

A few measures from where I store the most fat:
Chest: 134cm
Waist: 128cm
Hips: 127.5cm

And finally the photos from Day 1:

Front Relaxed:

14eIjZsnLlmSAELx63GqIOXZqzgqn439.jpeg

Back Relaxed:

1apg2f6B7c2EG2u97kGjl40SCtTIi2211.jpeg

Side Relaxed:

1gRj1MBgPT1j4FP3wHMnUQOIpv7N8p1409.jpeg

Plenty of motivation in these pics. Follow along to next post for January 29 update.

Last edited:
My results from 4 weeks in...

Vitals as at January 29.

Weight: 131kg -> Down 7kg
BF%: 34.9% as measured by digital scales. Not sure how accurate this is (think maybe I'm higher?) but it is pretty consistent with a DEXA scan I had done last year.

Deadlift: 215kg - Not really training to increase strength at the moment, but was feeling good so I thought I'd attempt a new PR. Got it. :)

A few measures from where I store the most fat:
Chest: 128.5cm - Down 5.5cm
Waist: 123cm - Down 5cm
Hips: 123cm - Down 4.5cm

And finally the photos:

Front Relaxed:

1qe9MAqHsLsMpseVEbadIp8S8gasVk290.jpeg

Back Relaxed:

1WuiifSsijy6JV9vrWOPpbAfnH8iPa0294.jpeg

Side Relaxed:

1vi4Yw9EWGtIHBptt8IB44g3ZRqKl465.jpeg

Front Double Bicep:

195emVUp4awD1i5iR0NmviOgqWHl1480.jpeg

Rear Double Bicep:
1twVyMvyjhma0hyMxc5rCFPumXH1a822.jpeg

I'll most likely update my weight each week from this point, and photos/measures every month.

All comments both constructive and otherwise are welcome. ;)

Oh, and I'll get a specifically legs shot done tonight when my wife gets home so I can get a proper one.

Big fella returning to Weight For Age class. Was involved in tragic accident on way to the training stables, where the horse transport he was on crashed into a barnyard. The driver was killed, and the horse catapulted into the hay loft. He's been there for a month since, surviving on homebrew apple cider and, you guessed it, pure organic OATS. Condition is now shot to pieces, but the stable foreman warns me that his trackwork before this was impressive. Challenge now is to get his saddle back on.

Not the worst here.

Big fella returning to Weight For Age class. Was involved in tragic accident on way to the training stables, where the horse transport he was on crashed into a barnyard. The driver was killed, and the horse catapulted into the hay loft. He's been there for a month since, surviving on homebrew apple cider and, you guessed it, pure organic OATS. Condition is now shot to pieces, but the stable foreman warns me that his trackwork before this was impressive. Challenge now is to get his saddle back on.

Not the worst here.

LOL! Thanks mate. :p You're not far off with the accident bit. I lost a lot of condition and strength (and gained about 15kg) after having my second knee reconstruction in 2010. I appreciate the write up. ;)

Just realised I missed listing my age in the first post. I'm 25.

Not the worst here.

Ha ha your best one yet

ill be keeping on eye on this progress.. dont give up mate.. charge it, keep motivated and you will succeed

Hmm, can see allot of muscle under there, you gonna have a fair bit of fat mass to loose (I'm the same) but an appreciable amount of time to do it in. I can see potential, and going by those numbers mate, you got it in spades.

Good luck
Graeme

Quick weigh-in this morning. Will do measurements shortly. The good news is I'm down another kilo, putting me at 130kg, or a loss of 8kg since January 2.

Haha, yes indeed mate. I do enjoy good ink. Not a big fan of shitty ink though. ;)

Just did a quick waist measurement. Down 4cm from this time last week. Loving it.

Haha, yes indeed mate. I do enjoy good ink. Not a big fan of shitty ink though. ;)

That's always the way. I'm umm'ing and ahh'ing over getting my first bit of ink. At this ate I'm thinking of Steve Jobs quote 'stay hungry, stay foolish' or perhaps a maths type on.

Well done on the 4cm loss. Stay hungry, stay foolish.

Mate, as long as the tattoo is something that means something to you and you put it somewhere where it won't cause social problems for you (different for everyone) then what have you got to lose?

All of my tats have a meaning for me, so I'll never regret them. It really won't matter to me if they don't look as artistically beautiful in 40 years as they do now, as the meaning behind them will remain. And, quite possibly, if my view on life is different then and I no longer believe in some of the imagery I have on my body, hopefully I can smile and reminisce on the foibles of youth.

At the end of the day, those who regret getting inked are usually the ones that either a) picked something off the studio wall, b) did it to look cool/hard/rebellious or c) got pressured into it by friends. You see a lot of those kids walking around now, getting full sleeve tattoos for their first piece. My first couple were tiny and very easy to hide and I remember thinking about it for 12 months before each of them. These days I trust my judgement a little better, but I still have rules for myself. The main one is that I'll only ink positivity to my body - absolutely nothing negative.

No new measures until Saturday, but I did wear a pair of jeans comfortably this morning that I haven't fit into since August last year. Looking forward to taking some measurements on the weekend.

Big week this week. Dropped another 4kg and another 1.5cm off my waist. That brings me to 11kg lost since the start of my transformation on January 2nd, along with 11cm from my waist. I took a host of other measurements as well, but they're fairly consistent - dropping about 1-2cm off the big ones each week and maybe .5cm off the smaller ones most weeks.

A couple of before and after's as of Feb 11, 2012. Sorry if they end up stretching the screen - I figured a higher res allows for better comparison.

ba_20120211_b.jpg

ba_20120211_f.jpg

ba_20120211_s.jpg

Absolutely stoked with my progress so far.

For those wondering what I'm doing, I did the first month following the Whole30 plan to basically detox and reset my body to only wanting natural foods. The past two weeks I have been following the Velocity Diet and will continue to follow that program until mid-March. After that, it's back onto a more sustainable paleo/primal approach.

As for training, the first month I was winding up a Starting Strength program, this month I'm doing the training as outlined in the V-Diet. After the V-Diet concludes I'll likely go back to heavy compounds with one or two sprint sessions a week.

I'm wrapped that just 6 weeks into the transformation I'm already a third of the way to my goal. I've never, ever been lighter than 114kg as an adult and I've got around 5-10kg more muscle mass now than I did then. Looking forward to see what I look like under all of this.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Absolutely amazing mate!! Keep it up
PS: I'm also a tatt man...drew one myself, and designed one other...mmmm methinks a 'show us your tatts thread' would be cool