• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Equipment help please opinions needed

Bonfield

what are your thoughts on these 2 products?

at first i was looking at this and then i found this, the first option looks great but is a little bit pricey i think the second half rack covers pretty much everything

what are your thoughts on this? should i buy the power rack because i wont need to buy anything else for a long time or go with the half rack?

the prices end up $1,835.00 and $1,035.50 respectively, should i just spend the extra $800

1 Package Deal _ Power Rack with high low pulley + ASFID bench + Olympic bar + 145kg Olympic weights $1450 - $1,450.00 (AUD)
* Add an Olympic curl bar : $65.00 (AUD)
* Add a MOPR free standing weights storage rack : $110.00 (AUD)
* Add a pair of Olympic dumbbell handle : $85.00 (AUD)
* Sydney : $75.00 (AUD)
* Upgrade to a heavy duty olympic bar : $50.00 (AUD)
$1,835.00 (AUD)

Half Rack + Bench + 100kg Barbell Dumbbell set Package Deal - $765.00 (AUD)
* Discount - $76.50 (AUD)
* Upgrade to ASFID super FID bench + preacher curl : $260.00 (AUD)
* Add a ezy curl bar : $30.00 (AUD)
* Sydney : $57.00 (AUD)
$1,035.50
options i chose

Last edited:
I would choose option one, the half rack doesn't look all that good in quality. Besides that rack in the first option is a tried and true winner, lots own it and have said good things about it. Take away some of those options and you have a better price anyway.

Good luck on the decision
G

I'd spend the extra money mate. The standard bar is too much of a drawback on the cheaper package. You'll be too limited, and will end up spending more money in the future to upgrade anyway.

I've got the exact same package as your first link and haven't regretted it for a second.

sorry for the double post

can i find something the same quality for a better price? or is package 1 a great deal?

it does look like an awesome package, just might take sometime to save =]

cyber-market he has awesome prices on light and full commercial equipment which beats both those deals

I called the guy and went into his showroom in Seven hills and the guy gave me a package similar to what your looking for + 3 cable attachments for well under $1,000. And the stuff is high quality

Last edited by a moderator:
If it were me

id skip the following

hi low pulley
Curl bar
Weight tree
dumb bell handles

some things you can pick up later down the track for cheaper.

cyber-market he has awesome prices on light and full commercial equipment which beats both those deals

I called the guy and went into his showroom in Seven hills and the guy gave me a package similar to what your looking for + 3 cable attachments for well under $1,000. And the stuff is high quality
:D

I got 200kg of rubber coated oly plates, cheapo bar, commercial rack with band pegs, dip attachment, commercial flat bench, 4m2 rubber floor tiles, all delivered to the gold coast for $1250. Quality is fantastic and service was great. I would recommend cyberfit to anyone. Steve who runs it is also a really nice guy, super helpful.

I know a lot of the guys here rate gym direct but I am still waiting for them to respond to my emails from December and I even followed it up with a phone call.

G'day mate, I notice your in Sydney, there's a bloke on Ebay selling a Powertech cage set up, it's a classified for $1100 but it didn't sell at auction last week with a starting price of $800, so offer him $700 and you have a good deal and very good starting set up.

It comes with cage lat/ low row atatchment which is quite good on the Powertech's as they have the 2 guide rods not 1 square pole and also comes with a bench and some weights/ bars.

Be quick though as it's a classified it can finish at any time when the bloke gets offereed what he wants.

Maybe offer $600 and go from there.

Hope that helps.

Pretty sure it's cybermarket, not cyberfit.....google it. I've bought ez curl bar from him and couple of attachments. He's alright, I had no probs. I got pick up so can't comment on the delivery service.

you can buy a new one for that price with a bench

I know, if you read my initial post I said it didn't go off on auction last week for $800 so he may take $600.

And you can't buy it new with a bench for that, or even without the bench, it's $1350 for cage and lat atatchment.