• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Music] Any Metal fans here?

D1cko

Extra Large Member
Anybody here love Metal?
I listen to a massive range of metal/hard rock from Acca, to Iron Maiden to Slayer, Iced Earth, to prog such as Opeth, Dream Theater right up to Cradle of Filth....the list goes on, Death/Power/prog/thrash...it's all good:).
I also play drums, still a novice but slowly working up some speed/stamina to match what I listen to
Cant wait for Soundwave, will be wherever Systems are...

I've got a bit of a soft spot for hard rock / metal.

Dont mind these guys at the moment.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw2UBzklfc4]Boneyards - parkway drive - YouTube[/ame]

Metal fan here as well, bands of the hour include Amorphis, Riverside, Barren Earth, Moonsorrow, In Mourning, Sentenced, etc.

I dont get fixated on any particular genres, as long as its good I dont mind :)

Has anyone heard of Alestorm?
Genre: Drunken Scottish Pirate Metal...ridiculous....ridiculously awesome!!

are they still around? tales from the thousand lakes was a brilliant album.

i used to listen to all that stuff back in high school whilst my tastes have changed a lot over the years i still have a soft spot for all of it. my faves were napalm death, obituary, carcass, cannibal corpse (chris barnes era), slayer, megadeth, deicide, all melbourne grindcore eg bloodduster, damaged, abramelin

I doesn't, but they don't bother me, gets me pumped up for workouts lol. That said, it's all about the music (especially drums) for me

That's just it I love the music but the yelling just turns me off so it can be hard for me to like a lot of metal bands now.

Any suggestions people?

Alestorm is quite amusing, not one for long term listening however ;) If you dont mind a bit of madness and cheese, check out Ziltoid the Omniscient, a deranged side project by Devin Townsend.

Amorphis are still going strong actually, a few years back they got in a new (younger) singer who brought a lot of energy back to the band. I recommed checking out the "Silent Waters" album for a good example thereof.

Metallica, In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Testament, Pantera.. love 'em all. Been a Metallica fan basically since the late eighties early 90's when I was a kid. Big part of my life, and training.

Metallica, In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Testament, Pantera.. love 'em all. Been a Metallica fan basically since the late eighties early 90's when I was a kid. Big part of my life, and training.

I've been listening to Death Magnetic for my last 2 workouts...does the job!:)

That's just it I love the music but the yelling just turns me off so it can be hard for me to like a lot of metal bands now.

Any suggestions people?

Basically look toward progressive metal then, many of the bands have similar instrumental aspects to other... "heavier" outfits, but typically clean vocals, or a larger proportion of clean vocals.

For what its worth I used to feel the same, but the harsher vocals grow on you :p

Some suggestions:
[YOUTUBE]CGTZ8Oivm9A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]V8gA1ooxw0I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]J0PQ6GC6KYc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]P5veGuULOso[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4kieRhkAAXA[/YOUTUBE]

If you want more, I have 20 years of listening to share ;)

First post to Ausbb and it's about Blasting Metal and Pumping Iron, love it!

Anybody here love Metal?
I listen to a massive range of metal/hard rock from Acca, to Iron Maiden to Slayer, Iced Earth, to prog such as Opeth, Dream Theater right up to Cradle of Filth....the list goes on, Death/Power/prog/thrash...it's all good:).
I also play drums, still a novice but slowly working up some speed/stamina to match what I listen to
Cant wait for Soundwave, will be wherever Systems are...

Big Iced Earth and all of the above fan.
Listening to the smooth melodies of Deathstars right now. Four of us gym mates love our metal and getting excited about it really gets the pump on. Pitty the gym managers don't agree and play the good stuff all round the gym :-/ Even got my wife on Death Magnetic on her cardio days.

For the guys that don't get the vocals, consider gothic (Sisters of Mercy?) and more melodic bands. Many moons ago I found Megadeth lyrics hard to understand but like anything good the work is worth it. BEWARE it may spoil you for pop ;-)

I will most certainly be at Soundwave Brisbane with my workout buddy!
Deathstars - BandPage | Facebook
Kittie Page | Facebook

Big Iced Earth and all of the above fan.
Listening to the smooth melodies of Deathstars right now. Four of us gym mates love our metal and getting excited about it really gets the pump on. Pitty the gym managers don't agree and play the good stuff all round the gym :-/ Even got my wife on Death Magnetic on her cardio days.

For the guys that don't get the vocals, consider gothic (Sisters of Mercy?) and more melodic bands. Many moons ago I found Megadeth lyrics hard to understand but like anything good the work is worth it. BEWARE it may spoil you for pop ;-)

I will most certainly be at Soundwave Brisbane with my workout buddy!
Deathstars - BandPage | Facebook
Kittie Page | Facebook

Welcome to the forum mate! I'll get onto the Sisters, always have a soft spot for Goth metal as well, Lacuna Coil etc, even some of the Filth's stuff is quite goth. Though I'd have to say Power Metal and Prog are my 2 favourites

Good to see another Pantera fan Minchia.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Anything like Pantera is where I am at (though not all songs).

Thanks D1cko!
I guess I'm essentially a Metallica fan from way back but just added heavier and heavier stuff (Progression anyone? ;-) Pantera, In Flames, Nine Inch Nails...

6170ed75-3c55-4a05-830d-8e070d978fe6.jpg

Love metal. Great to work out to. Not a massive fan of parkway drive but went to a concert a few months ago and was one of the best shows I've been to. So much energy. Pantera got me into into metal when i was about 14. Some faves are slipknot, lamb of god, trivium, I'll niño, system of a down, coal chamber and deftones. I'm also stinging for soundwave, gunna be the festival of all festivals in Australia.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327776027.514674.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327776027.514674.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 14