• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Motivation

Jaxorrd

hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help me out
as it stands i currently have no motivation to reach any goals weather it be in the gym or my work life or personal life
also a facter i have considered being a major part in this is that im diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
the docter said i need to lose 10kg soon or i will get diabetes and i dont need that
i am currently 85kg, 6 foot tall, 19 almost 20 years old and my blood sugars are above average cause of the ADHD

What did the doctor say about treating the ADHD? Getting that under control should be the main priority.

he said take these pills and see how you go
wasnt very helpful but he said it would work but its not :/

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDnrLv6z-mM]Dick & Rick Hoyt - YouTube[/ame]

Seen this the other day pretty inspiring if you ask me.

85kg and six foot tall? Doesn't sound over weight to me.

I use to have the same problem and for me it was giving up alcohol that made the biggest difference.

Don't be to disheartened I think you will find at your age this is fairly common.

The best type of motivation comes from within so you just need to ask yourself what you want out of life, set goals and do what makes you happy.

85 and 6', your not over weight, maybe under developed with muscle but you can fix that mate.
Motivation is hard sometimes, but my advice to you is instead of saying you want to be great, or you want to be successful, just say i want to take LITTLE steps each day that lead me to something or someplace better.
This is what I do mate, little steps in the right direction, little steps are attainable and you can then feel a sense of achievement once they are done. Not all of us can look the big picture in the eye and grab that fucker, some of us just know that mediocrity is not what we want, but get overwhelmed with the big picture.
I'll give you an example, I have lost over 25kg of fat now, but that was never my goal, my goal was to loose SOMETHING each week, so little or lots it did not matter, this is still one of my goals mate, but now I have the motivation to add a few more small goals as well. One is to get a LITTLE stronger each week or so, I am doing this with some consistency these days.
Never compare yourself to others either, jesus I'm 31yrs old and starting shit all over again, but my brother in-law is 24 and earns 163 thousand a year. I don't even try to compete with this as its not where I am at this time in my life, so my successes come from other accomplishments like the ones above.
Never give up mate, and never stop trying that's the secret.
Remember, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how you learn from the failures and move on. Without failure there is never any improvement, you may feel down and out now, but there is always something around the corner mate, chin up.

Graeme

Hey mate, ADHD is just a label. People like to put labels on things. I have been "labelled" with aspergers syndrome, aswell as severe anxiety and depression. The best drug out there is exercise. You will find the more you exercise the better you feel. If you dont mind me asking where abouts do you live as I am a pt in Brisbane and would love to help you out. Even if its just getting you motivated to do your own training.

@Relevant thanks for that vid, it proves that even the most debilitaing physical imparemants cannot stop someone from doing what they love
@Rambodian i know im not overweight but he said i need to loose ot least 5kg the extra 5kg would be just a bit of a bonus to have a fresh start on building up
i think subconsiously my mind is telling me its not getting any results cause i cant see any and thats where i just cant seem to do anything
i alwasy go back to trying again but then the same thing happens in a continual cycle
im only new to the whole 'im going to make this a must in my life" excersize thing and even setting small goals like going for a 5km run 4 times a week is difficult
@boxing23 it is a label but then it isnt if you know what i mean: if i wasnt 'labelled' with it i would think i was crazy XD, but since it is and i know what happens to me
excersize does make me feel good once i start a routine for a day but then the next day that fantastic feeling of motivation and willingness is gone
if you want you can travell 2 and a half hours to wollongbar on nsw north coast to come see me but i will have to make some excuse for my parents ( they thing weight trainging is something only bodybuilders and gay people do -sigh-)

sorry if it seems im complaining for the sake of it but i have nowhere else to run; my friends are all 'nerds' and are the most unfit people i know XD and there is noone aroud to give me any advice

also another fun fact about me while im on a roll: in year 7 and 8 at high school i was the PT for the gym sport group of a wednesday arvo cause the gym instructers at the local were as anti-social as all hell and the PE teachers were no better

I really can't be much help to you only to say; just be yourself.

If your friends and family are not allowing you to be who you want to be or validating you, you must break away from that.
"this is me, accept me or not, it's your choice"

A little secret...Go to a gym and workout like your life depends on it, because it does.

@AndyMitchell if i just be myself around some of my closest friends they will probs disown me for my oreintation and the same goes for my grandparents
as of the new year my resolution over the entire year is to get fit and be completely shameless in the sence of i am myself, proud of it and dont care what you think of it in a non beign-a-dickhead kinda way
i have a little gym setup at home which is a lifesaver cause memberships for a gym around here are bloody rediculous

Last edited:
I like Grambo's comment about how he doesnt try and compete with his bro in law who's getting $163k. A lot of people could learn from this attitude IMO. Too many people out there get down on themselves because they compare and consider themselves inferior. They fail to acknowledge the good things about their character. Not sure if that applies to you jaxxord, but don't get down on yourself mate.

Id have a good look at your circle of influence too mate. If its something YOU want to do and feel better when you do dont let people stop you no matter who they are. If you are who YOU are you will attract the sort of people you want to be a round towards you. One other thing dont make excuses just do it. This might sound harsh but its reallity.

85 and 6', your not over weight, maybe under developed with muscle but you can fix that mate.
Motivation is hard sometimes, but my advice to you is instead of saying you want to be great, or you want to be successful, just say i want to take LITTLE steps each day that lead me to something or someplace better.
This is what I do mate, little steps in the right direction, little steps are attainable and you can then feel a sense of achievement once they are done. Not all of us can look the big picture in the eye and grab that fucker, some of us just know that mediocrity is not what we want, but get overwhelmed with the big picture.
I'll give you an example, I have lost over 25kg of fat now, but that was never my goal, my goal was to loose SOMETHING each week, so little or lots it did not matter, this is still one of my goals mate, but now I have the motivation to add a few more small goals as well. One is to get a LITTLE stronger each week or so, I am doing this with some consistency these days.
Never compare yourself to others either, jesus I'm 31yrs old and starting shit all over again, but my brother in-law is 24 and earns 163 thousand a year. I don't even try to compete with this as its not where I am at this time in my life, so my successes come from other accomplishments like the ones above.
Never give up mate, and never stop trying that's the secret.
Remember, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how you learn from the failures and move on. Without failure there is never any improvement, you may feel down and out now, but there is always something around the corner mate, chin up.

Graeme
i like your "SOMETHING" approach, that way your not disappointed if u dont quit make it to your goal by the deadline you set. and it can be applied to every goal you set.