• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginner Equipment

DrDq

Hello,

I am planning to purchase:

http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/4-Package-Deal-_-Power-Rack--+-ASFID-FID-bench-+-Olympic-bar-+-80kg-Olympic-weights-$1150/531.htm

I will be doing the starting strength program so this seems to be sufficient for all the lifts and anything i want to do in the future (dips, pull ups, incline and decline lifts to mix things up)

I have a few questions though.

I am purchasing over the internet so i haven't had a chance to see the bench in person, anyone know if its suitable?

I am about 5ft 10 and weigh 60kg am i purchasing enough weights for the next 6 months?

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

Going to buy items separately to get enough weight.

MMPR Power Rack

137.5KG Olympic Barbell set (Rubber)

Flat Bench _FBEV

After doing some reading, the benefits of doing incline and decline exercises seem negligible for my interests or easily replicated with dips, overhead press etc. so I'm just going to go for a flat bench.

Any final suggestions before i order?

Thanks.

I agree on the flat bench. You get a discount for being an Ausbb member from Gym Direct as well.

Seems good to me, thats more or less what im running with at the moment.
Make sure you let them know you're a member of Ausbb to get a little bit of discount as well.

Edit*Yeah, what Ram said...

Cheers guys.

Do i need to ring up and let them know I'm a member or is their a code i can use when ordering online?

i have that flat bench, id recommend spending a bit extra and getting the commercial one;
Commercial Flat Bench with wheels

only because the bench i have actually leans to the side and the bolts constantly some lose causing it to rock from side to side

I'm gonna go into the store to buy some of the stuff to save on shipping and sort out the discount there. Thanks for the heads up on the bench callan. Anyone own and can give feedback on: FLAT BENCH ?
I'm on a bit of a budget and near $300 for a flat bench is breaking it :(

I'm gonna go into the store to buy some of the stuff to save on shipping and sort out the discount there. Thanks for the heads up on the bench callan. Anyone own and can give feedback on: FLAT BENCH ?
I'm on a bit of a budget and near $300 for a flat bench is breaking it :(

my honest opinion is that the pad is too narrow (along with 2 mates, ranging from 175-180 and me at 183), I made my own pad at 29cm wide that bolted on. If you go into the show room see if you can test it out, i got it shipped so i couldnt.