• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

crustless spinach pie

jzpowahz

Crustless spinach pie Serves 4 169 cals 21P/6C/6F

1 cup 1% cottage cheese (I use low fat, 25% less sodium)
100g low fat cheese
1/4 cup yellow onion (and any other veggies you like - mushrooms, red/green peppers, tomatoes, etc.)
200g frozen baby spinach (you can use fresh as well)
4 large eggs (or egg whites)
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic

USE FRESH SPINACH and wilt over low heat in pan.
CHOP ONION and mince garlic.
COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS in medium bowl.
SPRAY PIE DISH with non-stick spray. Pour mixture into pan.
BAKE AT 350 °F (175 °C) for 45-50 minutes.

crustless_quiche2.jpg

Crustless spinach pie Serves 4 169 cals 21P/6C/6F

1 cup 1% cottage cheese (I use low fat, 25% less sodium)
100g low fat cheese
1/4 cup yellow onion (and any other veggies you like - mushrooms, red/green peppers, tomatoes, etc.)
200g frozen baby spinach (you can use fresh as well)
4 large eggs (or egg whites)
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic

USE FRESH SPINACH and wilt over low heat in pan.
CHOP ONION and mince garlic.
COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS in medium bowl.
SPRAY PIE DISH with non-stick spray. Pour mixture into pan.
BAKE AT 350 °F (175 °C) for 45-50 minutes.

crustless_quiche2.jpg
I have to make this!
Awesome :-D

What "low fat cheese" did you use? I'd probably add ricotta?

mozzarella was recommended but I don't normally have it on hand. I just use bega so light tasty cheese :)

Verdict in awesome. I added a couple of things like tomatoes, zucchini, corn, peas, bacon and mushrooms. This will be a regular.

Great crustless spinach pie recipe and I will definitely try this soon and will share my comments later. Thanks for sharing crustless spinach pie recipe with everyone.

During prep i noticed that i had less in the bowl than our regular zucchini quiche which would have resulted in a very flat quiche (large quiche dish)

I added a zucc for extra vegetable and some almond meal to expand it. May add an extra egg and some more spinach next time (i ran out)

Delicious quiche!

I honestly thought this was a thread by DKD....

... I read crotchless spanish pie....

I was expecting a good looking women in the first post.

Disappointed.