• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

career choices

kyronE

this is kinda off topic but
i'm young im still in school and i'd like to follow a career in health either personal trainer- nutrionist - ect

but i don't have a lot of info on these careers and was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction share info on some health careers' tell me what you think is best . :)

Go get a coach to learn (have them train you) under now so you learn about lifting properly and have a head start for when you leave school. Go research courses at Uni's in your area and see what scores you need and what would suit you. Go to open days and find out about the courses and talk to PT's and Nutritionists etc for the low down on what the job is really like.

I suggest you read this becoming a pt

I am not sure which state you are from but If you google your state plus personal training expo. Im sure you will come across some answers to your questions.

If your into nutrition, I would pm max brenner as he is working within the industry.

Do you have any questions in mind kyrone?

It is easy as to become a PT and you can make alot of money from it if you have the drive.

Sports nutrition and Sports coaching/conditioning - not so much work in Aus - with about 100 professional sports in sports strength and conditioning in aus - next to say the USA where there is about 5,000 - so if your going to go up that road dont expect to make alot of money anytime soon until you have had years of training athletes and yourself under your belt.

For me Personal Training is where its at - its EASY as to get your certs - try to ignore what they teach you though and learn from time under the bar. You can travel around the country with your certs, around the world...and there is ALWAYS work either working for yourself, in a gym or for a PT business.

Gold coast is huge for PT and I plan on going up there in the next year or 2 and working in surfers paradise...big money.

It is easy as to become a PT and you can make alot of money from it if you have the drive.

Sports nutrition and Sports coaching/conditioning - not so much work in Aus - with about 100 professional sports in sports strength and conditioning in aus - next to say the USA where there is about 5,000 - so if your going to go up that road dont expect to make alot of money anytime soon until you have had years of training athletes and yourself under your belt.

For me Personal Training is where its at - its EASY as to get your certs - try to ignore what they teach you though and learn from time under the bar. You can travel around the country with your certs, around the world...and there is ALWAYS work either working for yourself, in a gym or for a PT business.

Gold coast is huge for PT and I plan on going up there in the next year or 2 and working in surfers paradise...big money.

Joel i never knew PT's were paid well. Apart from the very very succesful ones they get paid pretty average.

What certs do you need to be a qualified PT, is it cert 3 or 4?

If I had my time again, I would become a PT, and work as one while studying nutrition. IMO the best PT/Coach can diet thier client as well as train them......;)

how much money do you get paid for just a normal pt
and what cert's should i do

i live in sydney at the moment but i also plan on moving to qld

how much money do you get paid for just a normal pt
and what cert's should i do

i live in sydney at the moment but i also plan on moving to qld

$50 and above..
You have to look reasonable like your fit (not skinny or overweight).
Your body is what sells you. Sadly that is a qwerk of the proffession.
A smart customer would ask for the PT to show them clients whom they have trained. Sadly this is not the case.
e.g A fit looking female trainer whom has shit knowledge will have more clients than somebody chunkier.

Courses needed -
Cert 3 and cert 4 for PT. Otherwise u wont be allowed to get insurance or train clients at a commercial gym. Its around 6k for both courses. Cheaper if u do it through tafe.

Last edited:
$50 and above..
You have to look reasonable like your fit (not skinny or overweight).
Your body is what sells you. Sadly that is a qwerk of the proffession.
A smart customer would ask for the PT to show them clients whom they have trained. Sadly this is not the case.
e.g A fit looking female trainer whom has shit knowledge will have more clients than somebody chunkier.

Courses needed -
Cert 3 and cert 4 for PT. Otherwise u wont be allowed to get insurance or train clients at a commercial gym. Its around 6k for both courses. Cheaper if u do it through tafe.

thanks for that
yer majority of the pt's i've seen are built and you can tell there a pt
but i've lost 45 kg last year so i'm going to spend this year working on making my body look good so when i go for the career i'll have a better chance

That's we're I am heading once I get my body looking the way I want. As I have made a huge transformation loosing 60 plus kg. I want to help others.

That's we're I am heading once I get my body looking the way I want. As I have made a huge transformation loosing 60 plus kg. I want to help others.

i know where you from from when you lose the weight your more motivated to help others

Joel i never knew PT's were paid well. Apart from the very very succesful ones they get paid pretty average.

What certs do you need to be a qualified PT, is it cert 3 or 4?

I get 45 an hour but it is a non rent paying and I am an employee rather than running my own business in someones big gym. I work for a good organization so I get a lot of constant help where as if you work in the big gyms you usually have to work your ass off for clients with no help from the gym (except early when you join).

Currently have about 25-30 hours of clients and the staff at the Uni I work at get really cheap salary sacrifice training which is great to keep clients turning over.

I could make more working for myself charging upwards of 80 an hour (some PTs in the CBD near me charge 150-200 per hour) but it is no where near as secure as the money I make now. That is the big trade of in PTing

my local tafe ,pt course , part time over 3-4 months 2days classroom(6pm-9pm) 1 day in the gym(11am-4 is $1700 for cert 3 which also include level 2 first aid
a friend was looking into gave me a gander of the papers

I'm thinking of doing this later this year or early next year im sick of driving trucks it's a unhealthy life

Kyron if your doing sports coaching for school in year 11 by the end of the course apparently you get a tafe certificate that has something to do with personal training I think. Thats what the school told us lol

Kyron if your doing sports coaching for school in year 11 by the end of the course apparently you get a tafe certificate that has something to do with personal training I think. Thats what the school told us lol

im doing normal pe haha you learn more sports coaching is more physical

im doing normal pe haha you learn more sports coaching is more physical

Yeah i'm doing both. See if you can go to sports coaching if you want to get the certificate. they'll tell you what certificate it is.

Yeah i'm doing both. See if you can go to sports coaching if you want to get the certificate. they'll tell you what certificate it is.

yer i'll see if i can change one of my subjects cause i wasen't into all this when i chose my subjects haha