• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

LAandE's 2012 Body Transformation

LAandE

Stats
Height: 181cm
Weight: 78kg
Bodyfat: ~12 to 13%
Underwear: Bonds

Lifts
Squat: 107.5kg (5RM)
Bench: 75kg (5RM)
Deadlift: 107.5kg (3RM)

Goal
to get stronger..

Relaxed pics..

leonendof2011016b.jpg

leonendof2011017a.jpg

leonendof2011018b.jpg

leonendof2011019b.jpg

Non-relaxed pics..

leonendof2011015b.jpg

leonendof2011014a.jpg

leonendof2011020b.jpg

Mate you got a solid starting point, and your the same height as me too. I think you can make a fair impression this year.

Good luck
Graeme

Well performed young entire with plenty of breeding and good lead ups to this race. Has it all to do here, but if backs himself in could give this lot a real shake-up. (Careful with stable colours - silks are exactly the same as the majority of the field).

Expect a big run at decent odds.

Last edited:
new deadlift pb of 140kg today for 1 rep thanks to scott from ptcbrisbane :) seeing it was a day after these photos were taken and still in 2011 i guess i should post it here for something to look back at.

Stats
Height: 181cm
Weight: 85.5kg
Bodyfat: ~15 to 16% (recent DEXA)
Underwear: Bonds

Lifts
Squat: 145kg (1RM)
Bench: 90kg (1RM)
Deadlift: 205kg (1RM)

Goal
to get stronger.. and to maintain a reasonable level of fitness too

Relaxed pics..

frontrelaxed.jpg

backrelaxed.jpg

rightsiderelaxed.jpg

leftsiderelaxed.jpg

Non-relaxed pics..

frontflex.jpg

backflex.jpg

legsflex.jpg

Having a quick look at the photos i don't think they really do myself justice for the progression that I feel like i've made in the last 12 months.. tho I guess i'm not really bodybuilding anyway. I thought i would take the after-photos to objectively see where i'm at and I plan to do it again next year. :)

Last edited:
At a glance, arms look bigger, and I think I saw some more muscle on your abs. So something went right.

Yeah. Honestly not sure how my abs are more visible because my bodyfat percentage has increased 3%. I think my upper back has improved a fair bit too. My deadlift has gone up 65kg this year.

I think i've probably limited my powerlifting progress a little through trying to stay fit but I'm happy overall with progress. I do want to get 'big, fit and strong' not just 'big and strong'. :)

Over at PTC they do high-rep UDLs, last I checked. Plenty of "fitness" there (I assume that when you say you want to be fit, you're talking about cardiovascular, maybe even specifically aerobic fitness), and it complements powerlifting. Mix that with some sled dragging, farmer's walks and tire flipping, and you'll get big, fit and strong. And, for what it's worth, leading up to my last 1RM test, I spent a lot of my off-days doing jogging, rowing and running while in a calorie deficit. PR's still happened.