• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Will Test speed up heeling process?

kal-el

I am pretty sure the answer here will be yes but I just wanted to check with people that have experience, as I have no problem admitting I know basically nothing about steroids.

I have had an injury, apparently a low grade muscle tear the only problem is its been 4 months now and it wont heel properly. It keeps tearing/ going back to step 1 with minor little bumps etc. I go to the physio regularly been to the doctor etc, the tear is made more complicated by a previous injury I have had in an area near by.

I still think 4 months is too long, its starting to get annoying. Im not able to do anything really except for sprints on the cycle, as all pushing/pulling, even squatting makes it worse.

So Im wondering if Test would speed up the heeling process, if anyone thinks it would be worth going through a cycle, if the rewards would out weigh the risks or if I should just give it more time.

I dont really want to turn to steroids but if its that or wait another 4 months for this to heel I would consider it.

I think you could potentially make it worse, though I have no scientific eveidence of this. If you get stronger, but it doesnt heal, your opening yourself up to be re-injured, and possibly to a greater degree. Most people that get injured on cycle drop down and cruise until its healed.
Other compounds are great at healing certain injuries/aches/pains, but I honestly believe that finding a GOOD physio is your best bet mate.

I thought about the strength out running the repair and I just figured I would use it specifically for repair and not trying to increase strength but you could probably be right.

Thats just it Im pretty sure my physio is a good one, he works for AIS at times and is a head physio for a couple of QAS teams, he also knows about lifting etc so I trust him. So Im wondering whats going on.

I guess Im just running out of patience and looking for a way out of being injured.

Thanks man.

No worries, I was in the EXACT same position as you last year, but decided against it.

Best of luck with teh recovery mate.

Thanks, what made you decide against it? How did you eventually heel, was it just time or did you do something different?

I listened to my physio.
I asked if running any compounds would help, he said no, so I didn't.
I had an issue with my knees after that, he said it could help.

The way I see it, your paying him good money. So if you think he knows his shit, listen to him, and do exactly what he says.
Nothing more (I struggled when he said no squats :p), nothing less.

Deca is great for joints. Takes away lots of aches and pains, but of course needs to be run with test anyway.
It won't really do anything for connective tissue, and I doubt it would do any more than test is regards to the muscle itself.

Again, only from experience and logic....
I have no science what so ever on this subject.

I am pretty sure the answer here will be yes but I just wanted to check with people that have experience, as I have no problem admitting I know basically nothing about steroids.

I have had an injury, apparently a low grade muscle tear the only problem is its been 4 months now and it wont heel properly. It keeps tearing/ going back to step 1 with minor little bumps etc. I go to the physio regularly been to the doctor etc, the tear is made more complicated by a previous injury I have had in an area near by.

I still think 4 months is too long, its starting to get annoying. Im not able to do anything really except for sprints on the cycle, as all pushing/pulling, even squatting makes it worse.

So Im wondering if Test would speed up the heeling process, if anyone thinks it would be worth going through a cycle, if the rewards would out weigh the risks or if I should just give it more time.

I dont really want to turn to steroids but if its that or wait another 4 months for this to heel I would consider it.

Where is it and what have you done... Im like 6 months in and still problems. It takes time the more you do the worse it gets.

Where is it and what have you done... Im like 6 months in and still problems. It takes time the more you do the worse it gets.

I have minor tears in my trap, rhombs and he thinks I have some minor damage to one of the costal facet joints. I also have thoracic fusion which makes the whole area very stiff and for the most part immovable which I guess could complicate it.

I havent made any progress at all in 4 months, if I was making some type of progress it wouldnt be so bad but nothing has changed really.

What kind of problems are you still having, are you able to train that area yet?

Both, I havent been able to lift weight really for the past 3 months. Any type of pressing, pulling or squatting seems to make it worse. I took about 3 weeks completely off from doing anything then started out with some band rows and have now moved onto db rows, with very light weight (10kg, started with 5kg) and it seems to be getting worse again.

It looks to me that the exercises you choose seem to cause the problem.

I'd take a month off, then look into what exercises will increase the mobility and flexibility of the muscles that are being re-injured by isolating and working those areas through a full range of movement from the stretched to contracted position.

You need to take this very slowly, you're 26 so it's not too late.

Someone once said, if you keep doing what you're doing you'll keep getting what you're getting.

Let your body heal, it's trying to tell you something.

Thats pretty much what Ive done, except I only took 3 weeks instead of 4 off. Im only doing dumbell rows at the moment no other weighted exercises. The rowing is meant to be the exercise to work the area thats injured.

What you said is pretty much what my physio said, I dont know how to take it any slower though. At first I went too fast and thats how I re injured it the first time around but Ive been trying to take it as carefully and slowly as I can since.

How long we're you using "band rows" before you progressed to dumbells, was this causing issues?

Rows alone will not address the issue I'm talking about.

I think you need to address, (when you're ready) not just a particular muscle but the group of muscles that help stabilize the joint.

I witnessed a lot of success here; Kieser Training Australia | Strength For Health | Preventive Strength Training and Medical Therapy

Physio's with an understand of how to prescribe proper exercise to rehab and strengthen and isolate muscular structures.

A consultation is free.

Yes, Trent = right. HGH is where it's at. If it's muscular, you're in luck. As much of a prick as that may be, it will heal in time. Just give your body the rest it needs. If it were ligametous, well the blood flow to ligaments is shocking so their repair is very slow. Once they have been stretched beyond their limits, you'll enjoy a nice loose joint until it is fixed (just ask me about it - thanks MMA!). Nice balanced muscular development is key to healthy joints. (i'm just assuming it's around the knee related... you didn't specify)

Yes, Trent = right. HGH is where it's at. If it's muscular, you're in luck. As much of a prick as that may be, it will heal in time. Just give your body the rest it needs. If it were ligametous, well the blood flow to ligaments is shocking so their repair is very slow. Once they have been stretched beyond their limits, you'll enjoy a nice loose joint until it is fixed (just ask me about it - thanks MMA!). Nice balanced muscular development is key to healthy joints. (i'm just assuming it's around the knee related... you didn't specify)

Have an opinion on IGF-1 for tendon repair, low dose over 8-10 weeks?