• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Luke's 2012 Body Transformation

luke

Age 26
Height: 178cm
Weight 78.5kg
BF: ??? (but guessing around 18-20%)

Goal: Havent done any power lifting for 6 years, but hope to be able to beat old pb's when I was 20 ((Squat: 115; Bench: 112.5; DL: 142.5kg).

Strength Goals for 2012>> Squat: 120kg; DL: 150kg; Push Press 90kg
Body goals >>Aiming to get 82-83 kg @ 11-12% bf.

Goals might be a bit ambitious, but I'm hoping that the body will remember its old ways :(, plus goals were never meant to be easy!

DSCF0746.jpg

DSCF0748.jpg

DSCF0750.jpg

DSCF0751.jpg

DSCF0753.jpg

Luke - U still hold a bit of muscle on your frame. Just need to get back into training for everything to come back.

good luck :)

And sorry your not wearing bonds undies so your odds dont look too great :p

Mate those goals are easily do able, I recon you will smash all goals in about 6 months if you put your mind to it.

Smart 2YO who showed huge potential in his first year, but has done nothing since, and in unrecognised hands now. Country form OK, but against the big names here, will struggle.

Prefer others.

Nice back shot....

You'll get thick quck IMO.... Match the right diet with the right program and you will get big quickly....

Remembering that there is 168 hours in a week and you only spend 2 to 4 hours in the gym....

The other 164+ hours consists of rest and eating!!! IMO this is where the difference is made...

Good luck...

Remembering that there is 168 hours in a week and you only spend 2 to 4 hours in the gym....

The other 164+ hours consists of rest and eating!!! IMO this is where the difference is made...

Good luck...

Well said Nazzy, I think that will make or break this one.

Good luck mate
Graeme

Mate those goals are easily do able, I recon you will smash all goals in about 6 months if you put your mind to it.

Lets hope so. I haven't touched weights for so long, I just dont know what to expect.

Good luck...

So True! I've always had plenty of motivation and dedication in the gym, that's easy, its the rest of the time that's the problem.

Getting a good diet sorted out is my number one priority atm

Figured I would give an update after 4 weeks.

Diet:
One of the first things I needed to get sorted was diet, and it took a little getting used to, and patience weighing everything and recording all the values for everything I ate (wife got pretty pissed off too! Lol). But I’ve been doing 2 days at 2500cal and 3 days at 2250 cal. I average between 220g -240g of protein a day. At this intake I feel like I am dropping fat, stomach, man-tities and love handles are slowly receding.

Lifting:
First week were a real challenge. My back just couldn’t handle the weight. It was just seizing up and cramping, also had a fair amount of inflammation around my SI joint. This was only doing things like 60kg DL or BB squat. So decided to start really slowly, doing things like supermans and glute-and-ham raises on a swiss-ball, and planks on a swiss-ball etc. A week of doing heaps of these seemed to do the trick, back feels way better, and I have progressed in weight and now the back doesn’t size up or get inflamed. The muscles just get sore now. Haven’t done any max testing but am now able to comfortably do 100kg x5 x5 DL’s

I have been doing a lot of stretching, foam rolling and mobility work, I am starting to be able to get ass to calf without any hip-tuck in the back Squat.
Still only doing BB only squats until I get a rack. But it has been good for me to get my form and mobility sorted before I go heavy.

I’ve also been having some shoulder problems. The last couple of weeks I have been doing shoulder press 55kg x5 x5, but the last couple of times I have noticed a grinding in my left shoulder (no pain during exercise) but a dull ache after. So stopped overhead work and went and saw a physio. He said unstable left scapula (majorly winging) and also slight instability of the shoulder joint, so I’ve been doing several exercises to try and fix that. So no OHP until that gets fixed.

I’m in NZ now on a holiday visiting family, but when I get back in two weeks, I will buy a rack and I look forward to getting into heavier weights for DL and back Squats.

Here are some pics for comparison:
DSCF0903.JPG
DSCF0904.JPG
DSCF0905.JPG
DSCF0908.JPG
DSCF0909.JPG