• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Commerical Rack, whos got this one?

Oh and if there would be any problems flipping the chin up bar to give me extra height as my ceiling is 2400mm

Mate that is prob the best set-up you could get, I wanted that exact set-up but couldnt allocate a permanent area for it so I went with squat stands. I read somewhere on here that flipping the chin bar is fine and been done before with no hassels what so ever. Go ahead and purchase the beast mate, you lucky basted!

Oh and if there would be any problems flipping the chin up bar to give me extra height as my ceiling is 2400mm

yeah i gots it!

I bought the dip handles. i don't do many dips at the moment because i'm weak but the one or two i have pushed out have been fine. Plus, the extra cash is almost nothing in the total cost.

I have my rack in the shed where ceiling height is not an issue. the only thin you would lose in my mind is the angled handles for wide pull upps... prob not a major issue. I think one of the dudes oin here has reversed them as well., The rack itself is built like a tank. only complaint is the jhooks are rough, which can and will eat into the bar knurling (eventuallY but at the edges). this is easily fixed with some cloth (banjo but does the job) or some heavy duty goretex/teflon tape.

Great price in the package deal.

Can't think of anything else to say but if you have any more q's i'll do my best to answer

Looks awesome
Whats the price differencr on the ironedge one? That had adjustable chinup bar, dip bars, spotter arms etc

Yeh the assult rack looks awesome as well, but that bench that comes with the Gym Direct pack is awesome mate. My old gym had 3 of them, they are dam near unbreakable.

I have that same rack mate. It's awesome.
I also have a force USA rack, and the GD is a much better bit of kit.

I wish I had of gotten 2!

7 Package Deal_ Commercial Power Rack + Bench + Heavy Duty Olympic Bar + 175kg Rubber Olympic plates

Looking at purchasing the above package with a prowler and some kettlebells for my garage gym.
Just seeing if anyone else uses this rack, and if the dip handles are decent as well.

I have that set up. A few things I would have done different knowing what i know now.

The power rack is awesome, you will struggle to find any better.

The bench is very solid but narrow. Would prefer a one that is wider.

The bar is pretty shit. I now would save up and get a Texas power bar but the the one included will still get the job done.

The rubber plates are smaller than standard diameter I would get some proper competition diameter(45cm) plates instead.

Others like them but I didn't like the dip handles.

Overall it's a awesome set up but these are just a few things I would tweak to make it even better. Just being fussy really.

I own that model rack. It is awesome. Very sturdy, ample range of adjustment and weight storage makes for a very compact gym.

You can flip the chin bar easily. I had to at my old house. You lose wide grip chins but e are ample grips available for alternative chin options.

Hooks have not damaged my barbell but it is an ABC power bar not the gym direct bar on offer.

I have that same rack mate. It's awesome.
I also have a force USA rack, and the GD is a much better bit of kit.

I wish I had of gotten 2!
Was this after they updated the force USA rack, I'm looking at getting a few more racks, I have the GD and was looking at the force USA ones, what do you like less about them?

With the one I have:
The footprint is much larger.
Its taller
The J-hooks are too deep.
The cage is wider which makes walking squats out hard for some.

I have 5 squat racks/cages and its my LAST choice.