• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help choosing between these 3 Power Racks

merlin6014

Hi all,

Been lurking for ages just signed up to post this. Want to buy a power rack with a high/low cable so I can just have one integrated unit so I can throw out/sell my old multi-cable-gym thing + separate bench press thingy (really narrow posts like 400 apart).

I already have an Olympic bar (but its only 6 ft so not sure if these racks would take it?) and set of Olympic rubber weights.

Anyway:
Force USA - Home Power Rack Combo Website is $595 but exact same thing on Ebay eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r is $399 including high/low attachment (same company) so seems like a good deal to me.

The other two I am looking at are from gymdirect.com.au:
BPR02 Power Rack with High Low Pulley which is $545 with high/low cable or this one MMPR Power Rack which seems a higher quality but is $595 but has no high/low cable.

I've read good things about Muscle Motion and gymdirect.com on these forums (have lurked here a long time before signing up) but $399 seems so hard to go past for the Force USA one. I sure can be swayed though as I'm old enough to know to spend a bit more and get it right first time than buy cheap crap and replace it constantly (hence asking your advice on wether the Force USA one will hold up).

Mate the easy pick is the MMPR from Gym Direct, they are functional and strong. And plenty of peeps on this forum can back that up. I wouldn't get one with a pully system on it, they look cheap and weak.
EDIT: The pully system that is

i believe the force usa you linked is rated at 600lbs, mmpr rated at 700lbs and the force usa i linked is rated at 1000lbs with closer hole spacing some other things as well

Mate the easy pick is the MMPR from Gym Direct, they are functional and strong. And plenty of peeps on this forum can back that up. I wouldn't get one with a pully system on it, they look cheap and weak.
EDIT: The pully system that is

Hmmm heard so many good things about the MMPR but is it worth $360 more than the Force USA ($399 vs $745 - for the pulley version).

Also I would use the high pulley for lat pulldown and tricep extension and low pulley for rows. They are not essential I guess but isn't it good to break up the exercises once in a while? i.e. I prefer free weights and i do skullcrushers and close grip benchpress for tri's but is it not good to have the cable option to mix it up (also what to do for lats with the bar)??? I dunno asking you guys, as you know much more about it than me.

I have been lifting 3-4 times per week for 6 months straight now along with some dietary changes. I have held off purchasing a power rack to see if I would stick with it but I realize now I am totally addicted and will keep going.

Someone said it in another post and i agree, any power rack with a pulley is going to be shit quality.

Do chins instead of lat pull downs and get some bands for tricep pull downs.

Also I would save up the money and get the commercial mm rack. Shits over the others.

I got the $700 force usa one and my mate has an mmpr with the high low pulley though he didn't install it on. I think the mmpr rack is the stornger of the two, though I have no complaints withmy force usa rack.

ok ended up going with the mnpr rack from gymdirect with a dip attachment. No pulleys. Hopefully get it delivered tomorrow! No more putting a 7ft barbell through an interior wall (sorry hunny)

Guys thought I would update the thread - emailed Adrian yesterday afternoon and he had the MNPR rack with a 7ft bar all at 10% off delivered by noon today, now that is service!

Have it all set up and its real solid - did bench, squats and military press this afternoon and new PB's for all of them (the power rack has just given me a heap more confidence to load up the bar).

Guys thought I would update the thread - emailed Adrian yesterday afternoon and he had the MNPR rack with a 7ft bar all at 10% off delivered by noon today, now that is service!

Have it all set up and its real solid - did bench, squats and military press this afternoon and new PB's for all of them (the power rack has just given me a heap more confidence to load up the bar).

Awesome mate, bet your stoked with it...post some pics of your set-up, we all love to oogle a fresh new home gym LOL.

Graeme