• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Riddick36

I was wondering just what or is there a proper time to workout.
I am thinking that this is a loaded question as I would be thinking most will say, the time that works for you is the best time.
Totally understanding that and totally agreeing with it. I would still like to find when people like to train.
Like me I like to start doing my weights at about 9.30 to 10.30am.
If I leave them till the afternoon I am too sore to complete a full workout.
So I will add this one in just for more interest.
What is your favourite exercise to do ?
Mine is Tribar Extensions, why I think this is because it is a bar I made myself and I love how it works the triceps.

I train when I can also, as long as I get my workout in on the scheduled day i don't really care.

Jeez don't you guys have jobs?

7am here. I'd prefer earlier but thats when the gym opens. If it opened earlier, I'd be able to fit a better breakfast in before work.

7am here. I'd prefer earlier but thats when the gym opens. If it opened earlier, I'd be able to fit a better breakfast in before work.

I have 2 jobs, thats why I train when I can as my work hrs are always different.

Not sure I can take an op seriously who says his favourite exercise is triceps extensions with a bar he made himself lol

I normally start training 6-6.30pm during the week then 10-11am on the weekends.

Ideally I would like to train 10-11am every session as that is when I normally compete but work gets in the way of that

Yeah :) 4pm suits me best but i start training at 5:30pm or 6pm because i work 8-5 :)

hmm, I seem to be doing it wrong compared to everyone else.. usually start between 8-10pm..
if morning would have to be 5am start at latest... and that's just farrr too early..

I think as long as one does not train as soon as (or very soon after) they get up, then it should be fine. When I was training twice a day as a weightlifter, the 10am workout (which for me was 3 hours after waking up) was always less intense than the 4pm workout. There was less volume (less sets) and less weight (load) lifted in the am vs. the pm. That may not mean much for a bodybuilder, since in this game, it's effort above all else and not the number of plates on the bar. By effort I mean what your muscles feel. And feel does not necessarily have to rely (and most often it does not) rely on weight for progressive overload but other factors such as time, reps, sets, and even the elimination of momentum in a given exercise.

Currently, I'm working out at 02:35, which is 5 minutes after arriving home from work.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Straigh after work here, I get out for 3:30pm, watch motivational video's on my iPhone on the drive home. Destroy the gym at 4:00!

straight after work here also.
so between 6 and 7pm.

also find it amusing that the fav exercise of the op is triceps extensions.

gotta go with Deadlift. it my best lift, by a mile. lol

I am doing a 3 day training program at the moment.
With the aim to get to a 4 day workout.
And do them in the mornings.

Last edited:
Theoretically I can train whenever I want cause the gym is open 24/7 (Snap). But I like to train during my lunch break, 11am or in the afternoons on days off/weekends (3pm thereabouts). I am not the type to train first thing in the morning or late in the evening, thats just brutal..

From what I've read it's better to train first thing in the morning. Natural tes levels are higher, and you can focus better. I've naturally always trained in the afternoon though. Working shift work kills my routine though!

Guess it's whatever works best for you

From what I've read it's better to train first thing in the morning. Natural tes levels are higher, and you can focus better. I've naturally always trained in the afternoon though. Working shift work kills my routine though!

Guess it's whatever works best for you

It's not going to make enough of a difference either way to make it worth worrying about.

Just train when you can.

I think as long as one does not train as soon as (or very soon after) they get up, then it should be fine.

Fadi.

Hey Fadi just interested into why this is? I usually train as soon as i get up in the morning get to the gym about 5:00 am sometimes earlier. Also train on an empty stomach. I have breaky as soon as i get home from the Gym. Thanks in advance, Sean.