• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lung Funtion and Capacity

Grippy

Fat Member
I have had asthma all my life and had a real bad experience when I was 21 with it, however I have been keeping it under control for a long time now......so I thought. Missus booked me in for a checkup at an asthma clinic which I attended today and to my dismay my lung function is only 50% of what it should be for my age and height. They have put me on different meds and said I must just be used to feeling crap but I could definatley feel much better.

Question to the knowledgeable folk on here is what can I do to improve my lung function and capacity to blast the shit outta the machine next time I go there???

Don't look at it as a test you need to beat but what you are not doing to improve your quality of life.

What do you do besides lifting exercise wise?

Don't look at it as a test you need to beat but what you are not doing to improve your quality of life.

What do you do besides lifting exercise wise?

Dave, besides lifting 3 - 4 times per week I do sled dragging and stuffing around with the sandbag a couple of times a week and am active all day at work, no sitting behind a desk for me, lifting, walking etc all day. The doc reckons doing anything is good as long as your moving and not idle for hours and hours per day.

Have you tried "cardio" shudder? It is not really my area as it was always boring but I can look into some of my old work for you see if there is anything you can run with and look into.

Closest thing to 'cardio' I do is dragging the sled and sandbag work. Might have to Do some regular cardio from now on, swimming or hill sprints I think

Swimming is also good for lung capacity which is suggested for a lot of asthma sufferers and those with much worse cystic fibrosis (they have very very poor lung capacity). Hill sprints are always a heavy breathing exercise.

Also try very vigorous sex :D