• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should I Do These?

VictorianTuffMan

Well for a few weeks now when i wakeup

I do situps, pushups, and burpees

My question is should i stop them because i kill myself when i workout and do them when i workout anyway so is there a point in doing them or not?

Cheers big ears :)

Choose one of the 3 you've listed (drop the other 2) and do them via FM - Frequency Method. Basically means doing submaximal amount, multiple times a day. Eg say you can do 20 pushups... FM would have you do say a dozen in the morning, a dozen at lunch time, dozen when you get home from work then a dozen before bed. Since it's not a max effort, it won't tax you enough to affect your workouts or recovery, but will still get good volume into you. Gradually increase either the number of reps you do each time or the sets you do each day.

In strength villain challenge 1, they use the above method to eventually get to the point where you can do 100 burpees in 5 minutes. Should take about a month, deending on your start point.

Found the link here Villain Challenge #1

No goal i just like doing them when i wake up but is there a point when im trying to bulk

Because i train at night

There is no point if you do them for no reason. If you like doing it to wake you up then by all means go for it but just know it won't help you recover from training especially if you go to failure. Maybe a moderate amount in a cardiovascular style fashion would be more.beneficial to you though ie used as a conditioning session for maybe 10 minutes each morning.

If you think it will help you get bigger though it won't.

If you are waking up in the morning and physically able to jump around doing burpees and sit ups then your PM training sessions are pussy/weak.

You should be waking up, aching all over, unable to tie your shoes, because you gave it 100% the night before.

Pretty much am but im always pushing myself to do more and more

I dont think it matters anymore im not doing them now

I think this topic can be closed

Mate it all depends on what you want to achieve and where you are at the moment.

You need to work out your goals why you are training and what you want, then you need to devise a plan on how to get there.

No good doing burpees and stuff if you want to bulk up, but they are great if you want to drop some fat while building lean mass, different exercises for different goals.:)

Burpees and bulking do not go hand in hand.

not specifically. But if the calorie intake is sufficient it's not to say you couldn't bulk while doing burpees.

I like to do stuff like that just for general fitness as well. Got to mix it up!