• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

In Pain

Riddick36

I seen this thread and thought that I would post in it as it does make sense to me.
My actual username has come from one of my complaints, this is Athritis as I have got it in my ankle, knee's, back, shoulders and hands. So when I am being talked about they say yer he is Arthtritic so I have just taken the ritic section of that and used it.
I have also had 3 lower back operations all of which have work only slightly, so I do not work and I only get out of bed with the aid of pain killer tablets.
I have modified my workouts to cope as best I can.
And I know if I stop my workouts my shoulders will totally sieze up so it is better for me to do weights.
I have made a few things to go on my home gym and a bar for free weights and I must say I seen this bar on ebay and knew I could make it cheaper than it was on there and I love the Tricep Bar I made.

Yo riddick im not sure how old you are but its sounds like you have a prime case of fluoride overdose.It makes every joint in the body extremely painful to move and causes degeneration of the joints and cartilage.In my opinion tho you may not want to hear it i would look into removing all fluoride from your body ie showers, drinking water, toothpaste and i would go onto a alkaline green juice diet for 2 months to cleans your system and remove all the acid build heavy metals up and inflammation that is causing pain.Pain killers are so acidic and if your joints are screwed its for as reason and that reason is poor lifestyle.I had many joint issues and as soon as i went on to a pure alkaline diet all my pain left my body in the first month and my joints were healed soon after.

I am 53 at the moment and what I get is calcium build up.
It is a form of arthritis, as I did ask the doctor on my last shoulder operation.
He told me that it isn't classed as arthritis but it is.
It get bad if I have to have more than a week off. While working out I find that my body burns up the extra calcium and the problem is halved as is the pain in them.
So the benifit from weight is great just in doing that.

Yes weight training especially at 50+ is a must and can really put the life back into a fading person.Tho if you want to be pain free i know it sounds insane and i thought it was when i first tried it but lots of fresh green juice such as celery wheatgrass silverbeat spinach ect ect is just amazing at getting the body to heal.

As much as I agree with you it is hard to get an old fart to start to like things they have never liked.
So it is good information but there is no way that I could get the glass anywhere close my mouth.
Though I will say thanks so much for doing your best to point me right.

ha ha ha yes i suffered and rejected the very idea but the pain was very bad and noone could help me.so i researched and found that people everywhere had cured themself.So when the pain is so bad you want to die which im sure its very close to think of me and what i said.I juice oranges apples carrots pineapple cellory wheat grass and silverbeat.It tastes amazing /better than OJ / and as soon as you drink it the pain will ease.But if its easier for you to live in pain and pop pills then i understand as i have been there aswell.

I hope you believe me when I say i rather not take tablet.
They are a necessary evil for me. Without them I would not even get out of bed each day.
Potions and other thing I have taken have never worked, I have tried other natural things for well over 6 month with not a change. So it always ends up with medication pescribed by a doctor.
Another thing is that with age comes, so do a lot of health issues that you never thought you would have. But a lot of them are from your younger days. They come back to haunt you.

I just seen a Professor in Adelaide and he said there is something he could do for me. And here it is the big old, but.
He said if he did it, I could end up even worse.
So if I can try to get fitter and and in that healthier it would be better for me.
So I have now decided to do my weight to a more dedicated degree.
I know one or two parts on me need a fair bit of work.
These are my gut and legs.
And once more that old saying comes out there is no gain without pain.

Last edited: