• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

One arm chin-up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBFRZnjK8a4&feature=youtube_gdata_player]19 one arm pull ups. (10 right arm, 9 left arm) - YouTube[/ame]

can anyone on this forum do one? i've been training to get one for about 2 months, i can get the top of my head to the bar but no further. :(

I can't do one....
Can do 20 strict bodyweight pull ups, but I have really long arms for my height, so it's so hard to get started from the stretched starting position.

I can't do one....
Can do 20 strict bodyweight pull ups, but I have really long arms for my height, so it's so hard to get started from the stretched starting position.

I think you need to be put together in a certain way to have a chance.

But looking at those vids it appears I'm wrong.

nah, can't do em yet :( Can do about 15 of the assisted ones where you hold your wrist.

From a dead hang, I just seem to twist around. I think it could be a technique thing as well :p Shoulder is still recovering though so can't really push it on the right arm yet.

nope. Is that the next progression?

I was going to do towel chinups where you wrap the towel around the bar & grab it with one hand. Start with your hand close to the top of the bar & then bring it down over time. I suppose this only works the top half of the motion though which is the easiest for me. Just not sure how to move from the dead hang. I look so retarded just spinning around on the spot :p

Training Systems aside - you can't "train" a superior leverage system - you just put it to work where it shines supreme.
Born, not made. Just like a genius who studies the night before a final exam and Aces it going away - Some can, some can't..............

apparently you can do a OAC when you can pull up your own body weight and approx +75% weighted, i'm not too sure if this would be true, i reckon it would change for a lot of people. the way i'm trying to get there is by doing weighted chins for sets of 3, gradually adding weight each week, seems to be helping me.

andymitchell: I don't quite get what you said? Not a case of practice makes perfect?

Matt357: 77kg here & can do a 1rm chin up of +60kg so pretty much spot on the 75%. And as I said, I'm going nowhere quick for a OAC yet :p

can anyone on this forum do one? i've been training to get one for about 2 months, i can get the top of my head to the bar but no further. :(

What specific training are you doing?

I can smash out normal two handed pull ups and chins easily but have never tried the one hand version

andymitchell: I don't quite get what you said? Not a case of practice makes perfect?

Matt357: 77kg here & can do a 1rm chin up of +60kg so pretty much spot on the 75%. And as I said, I'm going nowhere quick for a OAC yet :p

practice makes perfect? To a point.

But more often than not if you can't do one now you never will.

I think know one knows genetics like parents do.

Fuck me thats impressive.

I used to be able to get about half way up with my right arm, nowhere near with my left.

I find I just twist around a lot.

The assisted chins (with arm around wrist) are pretty easy though, it keeps your shoulders level though, which for me is the biggest hurdle in being able to do these.

only time i tried it was when i was drunk one time and me and a mate were in the garage, just to put his skinny ass to shame cause normally he can handle his body weight better

im more interested in learning how to do muscle ups