• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help buying a Power Rack Brisbane

rjay

Hey guys!

I have decided to set up a home gym, but I'm having trouble deciding what power rack to buy, and also the best place to buy one in the Brisbane area.
My budget is about $500-700 for a power rack that has a dips attachment addon available.

What are some good stores around brisbane?
What are the recommended brands?

Also, I have seen a few threads regarding the Muscle motion Power Rack. Does anyone know of any fitness equipment stores in Brisbane selling the MMPR?

Thank you for the help!

Gym direct have really good freight prices so I would just go with them. I looked for ages to find one in perth and in the end it worked out cheaper and easier to order everything from gym direct

I had this issue when looking at power racks. I couldn't find any store who sell mmpr. I settled for ebay off seebay. alternatively, have a look on gumtree for a second hand one.

AllStar Fitness had the Force USA power rack on display in their valley store when I was there a month or two ago. From memory, they offered me the base power rack for $500 (discontinued model) and the commercial bench for $295, without any haggling. The base power rack comes with dip attachment, but the model was discontinued because the dip attachment was sh1t. For extra $ you can add a lat tower and a cable crossover system.

They wanted $800 for the latest model, but on their website they claim they will price match any advertised offer, so if you find the same model cheaper elsewhere...

Discount Gym Equipment for Sale in Brisbane

Thanks for the replies guys!

I watched a video on youtube of someone doing dips on the MMPR and it was wobbling abit, is this a problem or should i not worry about it?

Southside fitness (mt gravatt and strathpine) have ok packages on force usa stuff and some others but not MM.
ThereIs stuff all on gumtree.

Hate to be a dick but there a 2 power racks on gumtree. both brand new and in underwood. one looks like a mmpr for 450 and a generic one for 350 odd. The cheaper one is rated at 200 odd kgs.

I was going to order a power rack package from fitness express also. But they didn't have the package in stock.

I think they have a showroom though.

I bought a real cheapie by bodyworx. Not the best rack I have seen or used, but does the job for me.

I was going to order a power rack package from fitness express also. But they didn't have the package in stock.

I think they have a showroom though.

Yeah i just got an email back, they are out of stock for the mmpr.
They mentioned a force USA rack they can upgrade me to, emailed said it was much more sturdier and better quality than the MMPR.

I'm guessing he is refering to the ForceUSA F-PC.

Does anyone have any info on whether the Force USA brand/ F-PC power rack is any good and worth getting over a MMPR?

Last edited:
There is a thread about it somewhere. Although its for a mmpr commercial vs force usa rack
here

The reason why i opted for the mmpr one is size. Its slightly shorter in length. And in my opinion a hell of a lot sturdier.

I'm 80% decided on the MMPR from gym direct, but I just want to know from anyone who owns one if it wobbles when using the dips attachment.

Thanks guys!