• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pull Up racks?

Gremlins

Hey, not sure if there is a name for this thing i want.

I have a doorway pull-up bar but it apparently can only hold up to 80kg, i weigh 75ish and i want to start adding weights to the pull ups for resistance but i don't wanna break the thing.

Just wondering if there is such a thing as a pull ups rack? something which can support heavy loads.

cheers

hmm could the power rack be used for pull ups? I ask since it obviously holds substantial weight.

I managed to find these 'chin up stations' but they only hold a max of 100kg to 120kg, and cost between $70 to $150, is that too cheap to trust?

expowertower1.jpg

think i found what i am looking for

power2.jpg

can hold up to 360kg apparently and comes with a lat pulldown bar so its pretty enticing

That one looks a bit crappy mate, I doubt it would hold what it says, just looks cheap.
Have a look at these ones from gym direct, allot of the guys on here have bought them and can vouch for their strength.
Scroll down the page for the racks by themselves:

Power Rack / Squat Rack