• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dumbbell bench over Barbell bench?

SWH

Is there any benefits in doing bench press with dumbbells over normal barbell press?

I'm doing the beginner program so i've been doing bench press quite a lot but I was just wondering if there would be benefits to using dumbbells instead just to change things up a bit?

If there are differences what are they? Thanks :)

Benefit of doing dumbell one stems from having to use alot more 'stablisers'.

The barbell version is better for building strength though, simply because you'll be able to handle more weight.

Benefit of doing dumbell one stems from having to use alot more 'stablisers'.

The barbell version is better for building strength though, simply because you'll be able to handle more weight.

Should I be doing both or would I just be better suited to choose one based on my goals

You need to follow this important point below:

Do the fucking program!!!!!!!!!

That means stick to the BB bench which allows you to progress incrementally much easier than DB's. Don't do both, follow the program. Don't change things up, follow the program.

I think you get the idea now. Just follow the program until it's end then you can look towards this kind of thing. And don't worry everyone thinks of changing a program a little but we all need to just do the program as it was written.

You need to follow this important point below:

Do the fucking program!!!!!!!!!

That means stick to the BB bench which allows you to progress incrementally much easier than DB's. Don't do both, follow the program. Don't change things up, follow the program.

I think you get the idea now. Just follow the program until it's end then you can look towards this kind of thing. And don't worry everyone thinks of changing a program a little but we all need to just do the program as it was written.

^What he said.