• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ezy bars

Rambodian

No I'm not cambodian
I want to buy a quality Ezy bar (Oly size), I would really like to have one with the nurl all the way across the bar. Any way, where is a good place to get a quality Ezy bar, and what would one be looking for in terms of quality?
And lastly, what would be considered a reasonable cost?

Well I like to use them for tricep exercises but the ones I have are pretty old and shit, the grip is next to useless and the rust has kinda taken hold a little to much so I want to upgrade to a Oly size one.
Problem I have is that no one really sells anything better than the cheap ones I bought 15yrs ago. And the other problem is I like to take a close grip and none of the ezy bars I can find have nurl on the middle section.

Have you ever considered this style of curl bar:

olympic%20super%20curl%20bar_muscle%20motion.jpg

Can do a good combination of biceps and triceps exercises, close to wide grip.

@Hulk: Yeh that looks pretty good.

I rang ABC barbell today and talked to them about their range of ezy bars. I was wondering if they would nurl one of their bars all the way across, but they said they could, but as they don't bend in house it would be a couple of months wait until their next order. So the search continues.

For the grip, how about using something like strong tennis racket grip wrapped really tight.
Would give a slightly thicker grip too, good for the forearms.

Rambo,

You know The Hulk = Adrian = Gym Direct. He gives 10% discount to AusBB members and ranges the one he imaged above. Give him a call if you're interested. His gear seems to always get good reviews on here. Its where I'll start if I ever go the home gym route.

Cheers mate,
Mike

They are useful make-shift farmers handles

Other than that repeated use for what they are intended for could create problems for the elbow.

I place the bastards under the same category as the smith whoseewotsit.

They are useful make-shift farmers handles

Other than that repeated use for what they are intended for could create problems for the elbow.

I place the bastards under the same category as the smith whoseewotsit.

Are you talking about Ezy bars in general? or just that type that Hulk showed?
I don't use them for bicep movements, just triceps.

@Hulk: Mate, that is exactly what I have done on my standard size one, but I found that the tennis racket grip is a tad crap (not sticky enough, I prob used a shit one), so I tried some elastoplast medical tape, that shit is so friken sticky and works a treat (the brown cloth stuff, not the other one).

@MikeW: Yeh, I know Adrian (Hulk) is from gym direct, I found this out the last time I purchased from them lol. I purchase most stuff from Gym Direct these days, but I'm after a certain type of bar and they only have similar to what i already got. I still might buy an oly sized one off of them if I can't find one from somewhere else that is nurled how I like.