• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need bench with decline/flat/incline

Looks ok but from past experience using those types of bench is that the gap between the seat and backrest becomes an issue. I have an Ironmaster Superbench which is AMAZING. But sadly at $400 bucks it`s over budget.

Yeh, I agree with gettingbigger, the gap on that thing is pretty wide, would most likely annoy the shit out of you when its flat. Just wondering why you need a incline/decline bench, I know their good but a heavy duty flat one you could judt chuck a block of wood under one end. Gym Direct has a good one for 300 from memory. Otherwise I would save a couple extra hundred and buy a really quality one like the Iron master or one like they have at Iron edge.

Hi Moth,

This model is alot better for not much more cost:
ASFID Super FID Bench
Virtially no gap between seat and backrest and alot more versatile and solid.
Should be able to get it for $300 with AUSBB discount.
Free T-Shirt promo right now too:

1685d1323040967-need-bench-decline-flat-incline-free-t-shirt.jpg

Attachments

• Free T-Shirt.jpg
    Free T-Shirt.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
I was thinking of getting that bench too. Although the decline may not be overly necessary, it can used as a situp bench too with the foot hooks.

Save the extra 100 and get the commercial incline bench.

Fwiw I wouldn't put an incline bench on the 'must have' equipment list...

Get the commercial flat bench - don't be cheap.

Save the extra 100 and get the commercial incline bench.

Fwiw I wouldn't put an incline bench on the 'must have' equipment list...

Get the commercial flat bench - don't be cheap.
it's an extra 200 dollars..
If I was going to spend that money i'd get the ironmaster.

Really don't have that kind of money at the moment. If i were to, what would be the cheapest place to get it from?

Is 27cm width on the pad too narrow or should I be looking for something wider?

Last edited:
If it were me i'd spend the money on the MM commercial bench. The thing is 30cm which is the proper size and is a solid piece.

Weightlifting equipment isn't the place to save money, especially benches - most non commercial benches arnt designed for people benching 100kg+

If money is an issue train at a commercial gym until it isn't. This is assuming you aren't lifting the pink dumbbells.