• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rope intense conditioning

TrentZor

need a few guys to test this out

Things u will need
1. skipping rope
2. Good cushioned supported shoes to jump with
3. A timer (whole routine should take 15-20min)

What i need u to do
1. Measure your heart rate before running this
2. Measure it after
3. Note the time u have completed this

Trent's- Welcome to Hell Rope routine
HELL conditioning rope routine
a. 100 Rope Jumps (just jump at medium pace)
b. 10 Pushups
c. 10 Burpees
d. 10 Bodyweight Squats
Rest for 20 seconds and then repeat above cycle for another 2 times.

Let me know how u go?
(Warning - 2 of the guys at the gym have already puked or come close to it)

Last edited:
same thing as above

Trents - You Aint on a treadmill routine
a. Slow jump rope right leg x 40 turns
b. Sprint up the driveway and back (10m)
c. Slow jump left leg x 40 turns
d. Sprint up the driveway and back (10m)
e. Slow jump rope right leg x 40 turns
f. Sprint up the driveway and back (10m)

The one in the first post is a crossfit wod you know? Ive done it before when I used to do CF. Except it was double under rope jumps instead of standard jump ropes.

yepz the top one above is a crossfit one but they do 10 cycles of it.. Which i find too much for general conditioning.. But then again its crossfit. hence Why i asked to measure the times. Im writing up different combos and testing them out.

Last edited:
Depends which one you go to. The one I went kept all those kinds of conditioning workouts under 10 minutes. And did a lifting program (wendler's) on top. Smart guys. But yeah, some places just program 30-45min killers everyday :(

I dont mind as xfit too much it has its merits when it comes to conditioning.
Xfit has a bad rep of training with shit form/high reps and not much strength.
I have yet to meet a dedicated xfitter that squatted below parrallel most dont even squat to legal powerlifting depth.
But as u mentioned every xfit is diff.

oh its on deep!! :)
And yes its very commonly known that xfit really churns out the hot women ;)

dont have an issue with xfit .. every type of training has its merits..
Its good to go outside your box and try different things or implement them into your training otherwise it gets mundane.

I will always defend crossfit, its not the training its the trainer

If you get someone to properly progress peoples training in the crossfit method then it can be great for its intended use. I do have a problem with high rep olympic lifts due to the injury factor once you start to lose form. Good intentions just some poor execution.

If you get someone to properly progress peoples training in the crossfit method then it can be great for its intended use. I do have a problem with high rep olympic lifts due to the injury factor once you start to lose form. Good intentions just some poor execution.

Some coaches/trainers program some silly stuff regardless of the subfield theyre in

Injury factor is definately high
-smashed my nose with a kettlebell - 12kg overhead press
- broke tibia while doing a pull up
- multiple friction burns on my back
- broke toe when I dropped a bar with bumper plates and it bounced onto my toe.
Crossfit creates battlescars

Will be good to see results from this challenge. :) specially Trents....

Youre clumsy deep :p
I minor sprained my ankle coming off a box jump, and impinged my shoulder doing high rep pushups (cindy wod). Both of these things arent cf specific at all.

The "Daniel" is the worst for upper body imo! Cindy wod is terrible on the 20min time limit, you push out 5 rounds and you're only a few mins in! Killer!