• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where should I buy a Foam roller?

davidb0312

Hi guys, Heard numerous trainers on youtube suggesting foam rollers are great for muscle soreness so I want to find out where is the best/cheapest place to get one? Had a look at clark rubber online and they sell 90x15cm for $42 and there are a few on ebay such as ; Foam Stability Roller for Exercise YOGA~ Full Round EPE 15cm X 75cm RED ONLY | eBay ($25) 45x15cm FOAM ROLLER | PHYSIO YOGA PILATES BACK ITB GYM EXERCISES | WATCH VIDEO | eBay ($28) PILATES FOAM ROLLER (Down Graded/Factory Second) | eBay ($30) If those are all crappy options would you mind suggesting one (preferably in Sydney for pick up or anywhere in aus for online) Thanks.

wow really, I would think that'd be a little to solid for the purpose? How much do you think that'd be, few bucks right?

Get a lacrosse ball (cricket ball might work too) from most sports shops. I find these better than the rollers.

i got mine from iron edge mainly as i drive past there after work sometimes so it saves postage came with a dvd too which was ok

DOMS is not reduced by massage(which is.what a foam roller does). So it is useless for that besides making a shit load of pain during the massage. It helps with chronic pain and tightness which is a different ball game all together.

+1 for a lacrosse ball.

got one from ebay for $38 delivered, I'll try it out and let you know how it goes, even if it doesn't help with doms, can't complain about a massage haha.

I got mine from here.
66fit Foam Rollers, Foam Rollers, Stability, Pilates, Physio Rolls, Yoga, Physiotherapy, Pilates, Myofascial, Australia

I have upgraded to a pvc pipe for the hammies especially. Most people couldn't take the pain of pvc pipe straight up on areas like ITB especially.

I also use a cricket ball to get into the deeper areas. The other one is the two tennis balls taped together trick for the back.

My mate got one called the rumble roller. RumbleRoller Home It's good for deep bits but I prefer the regular style.

Thanks JZ, got my roller today so I will give it a bash and maybe after a while I'll get a roller (pipe or tougher foam) once I've used this one for a while and learn the techniques for it.