• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ABC Safety Squat Bar

The Hamburgler

Spotter Loader
Hey guys, basically I'm trying to convince AusBarbellCo to make me a safety squat bar but they are reluctant to make me a one off bar so I'm trying to gather other people who want one thus increasing the likelihood of them making them.

Basically my plan is to go to them on Wednesday with a number and see what they say.

So anyone who would want one let me know.

Cool got one lol.

I have spoke to Rick at Iron Edge (the ABC weightlifting bars are replacing the Pendlays) and he will consider IE stocking a SSB next year depending on how well ABC do with the WL bars first.

I should point out that it will just be the bar without the foam pad stuff but that is easily made with a pool noodle and duct tape :p

so should i wait and get ABC bar from IE instead of direct? :D how long?
edit: ah, that shoulda been PM.. oh well..

Too much f*cking around with America, and they had a heap of dodgy 20kg bush bearing bars come in.

Just sent 22 bent bars back to Muscle Driver lol

I just spoke to Nick from Underground Elite and he is going to be stocking both a swiss bench bar and safety squat bar early next year as well.

Still gonna pester ABC bout one though :p

Haha yeah tell me about it.

I've been pretty good lately though. Just after a bench and squat bar that takes a bit of a load off the shoulders.

Depending on cost would you be interested in an ABC made SSB Bazza? Pretty confident if I get enough people that would make a batch, if not they're stupid I say lol

Haha yeah tell me about it.

I've been pretty good lately though. Just after a bench and squat bar that takes a bit of a load off the shoulders.

Depending on cost would you be interested in an ABC made SSB Bazza? Pretty confident if I get enough people that would make a batch, if not they're stupid I say lol

I would but I have already have the gym direct SSB so can't really justify having 2 of them.

Was thinking about ordering a Texas power bar and now want a Swiss bar as well.

Haha.

Nick was meant to have the swiss bar already but had a bit of a delay.

He's got a prototype SSB and it is the same as the Elitefs model (or close enough)

Getstrength in NZ make good safety squat bars and a swiss bar. I'm sure Ironedge could make a deal with them to get some made and shipped at a good price to stock in australia.

Given the price on the Get Strength site, I doubt it.

You would be looking at $600+ minimum, and I don't think Rick would want to charge that much.

Spoke to Wayne (ABC) on Wednesday and he said even if the offer was there from someone involved in retail they just don't have time atm