PDA

View Full Version : US Marine Presence in Australia

Skalatharx
11-11-2011, 08:00 AM
US Marines to be based in Darwin: reports - Yahoo!7 (http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/latest/11564712/us-to-have-new-military-presence-in-aust/)

dave
11-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Just what we need more Americans.

Gunner
11-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I think I can hear them from Brisbane

walt
11-11-2011, 11:59 AM
yes yes YES YES!!!!!!!!!!

Rambodian
11-11-2011, 01:06 PM
LOL, Nooooooo not more yanks!

To be honest, I think it's a good thing to have a better alliance with the US, and shared military bases opens up allot more options for us Aussies than it does the yanks. Plus, the growing power of Chinas' navy only contributes to this type of stuff from the west, especially the fact they have the fastest growing submarine fleet in the world to date, they are top units too, surprised the US fleet by popping up in the middle of the US without the US knowing until they surfaced. Lets not forget that China is a communist country run by a General, with a bunch of Commanders, not a President or Prime Minister, we will see allot more of this stuff as China keeps growing its military.

Skalatharx
11-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I now nameth this country Australamerica.

wingman
13-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I now nameth this country Ameristralia

Fixed.

May as well rename the country anyway, our prime minister can't pronounce it correctly.

Doczenith
13-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Ya its all for the upcoming ww3.the coalition of the willing will be going into iran in the next few months if they can.they will topple syria and then they will kick of ww3 with china and russia.they are already putting all there assets in place ready for the attack thats why they need a base in australia to fight china.If i see one of these yank fracks hes going to be sorry he ever came across me.Frack america and frack the nwo illuminati wall street banker vampires.

Figjam Brah
13-11-2011, 11:08 PM
As much as I dislike yanks.. there soldiers.. what do you think there here for... it certainly isn;t to conquer us, have some respect for the solders atleast..

GaiLeDouche
14-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Adrian, have a look at the USMC presence in countries outside (actually, within the US as well). You will see a large rise in illegal prositution, sexual and physical assaults as well as theft. Why? Because they can do shit and once it comes up, they get shipped back home and dealt with in the Military courts.

United States Forces Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_Japan)

March83
14-11-2011, 05:32 PM
time to follow my life-long dream and open a brothel in darwin...

Figjam Brah
14-11-2011, 08:45 PM
No doubt American soldiers in other countries do pretty stupid things and now that i think about it, a significant portion sent here probably would be meat heads..

Cheers for the link, I was unaware of that.

GaiLeDouche
16-11-2011, 04:01 PM
No doubt American soldiers in other countries do pretty stupid things and now that i think about it, a significant portion sent here probably would be meat heads..

Cheers for the link, I was unaware of that.

Yeah, it is a real problem over in Japan. There isn't much aggression in the general population on a lot (and I mean, almost every issue) but this is the one issue that is very sensitive in many areas. The US soldiers are not welcome in the areas where their bases are, the people living around it, do not want them there and it has got quite aggressive, almost to the point of violent protest.

Hopefully it is less of an issue in Australia and I hope they are not given immunity for their actions. If they commit rape etc, the soldiers in question must remain in the country until all processes are complete. Including appeals.

Figjam Brah
16-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah, it is a real problem over in Japan. There isn't much aggression in the general population on a lot (and I mean, almost every issue) but this is the one issue that is very sensitive in many areas. The US soldiers are not welcome in the areas where their bases are, the people living around it, do not want them there and it has got quite aggressive, almost to the point of violent protest.

Hopefully it is less of an issue in Australia and I hope they are not given immunity for their actions. If they commit rape etc, the soldiers in question must remain in the country until all processes are complete. Including appeals.

Hmm yeah, some of the stuff was pretty bloody dodgy (the hit and runs).

Better not have stuff like that going on here.. but I'd assume not since it wouldn't be under the same agreement? the 'defence force/service' one or whatever it was...

davidb0312
18-11-2011, 06:44 PM
I can only see Australian soldiers benefiting from the US Marine presence, even though Aussie soldiers are great The Marines are well known around the world for their strength and skills, I'm sure the Aussies could learn a thing or two from these guys, they are machines.

Skalatharx
18-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I can only see Australian soldiers benefiting from the US Marine presence, even though Aussie soldiers are great The Marines are well known around the world for their strength and skills, I'm sure the Aussies could learn a thing or two from these guys, they are machines.

We have one of the most elite units here in the world SASR. 1 RAR are no slouches either.

davidb0312
18-11-2011, 08:23 PM
We have one of the most elite units here in the world SASR. 1 RAR are no slouches either.

I never said they were slouches did I? I'm sure the learning would be mutual.

Rambodian
18-11-2011, 08:28 PM
I think there is mostly only positive things that can come from them being here. And they will inevitably learn from each other I think.

Skalatharx
18-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I never said they were slouches did I? I'm sure the learning would be mutual.

No but you implied it when you said "I'm sure the Aussies could learn a thing or two from these guys, they are machines".

Are you an American?

davidb0312
18-11-2011, 10:53 PM
No but you implied it when you said "I'm sure the Aussies could learn a thing or two from these guys, they are machines".

Are you an American?

No I'm not. Are you saying the aussie defence force is perfect? Everyone can improve, the americans could too, that's why I said what I did.

Fadi
19-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Plus, the growing power of Chinas' navy only contributes to this type of stuff from the west, especially the fact they have the fastest growing submarine fleet in the world to date, they are top units too, surprised the US fleet by popping up in the middle of the US without the US knowing until they surfaced. Lets not forget that China is a communist country run by a General, with a bunch of Commanders, not a President or Prime Minister, we will see allot more of this stuff as China keeps growing its military.

War and military might? Yes, but the "war" I see is different from the war that many are predicting. Military might will never win the hearts of men, never! The next "war" will be the "war" of the intellect; the war of the minds, for that's the only way to win or have a real opportunity in convincing the man who disagrees with your point of view.

The world has changed dramatically just in the last decade. You, yes you … and I have suddenly become super-powerful thanks to the technological media that is at our finger tips if we choose to take advantage of it. Oppressive and suppressive governments are a thing of the past in the sense that they can not get away with it like they’ve been previously.

Look at the mid-east, look at the US and what is occurring in New York and other US states. It’s world news and no country in the world can prevent us from going international with it if we choose to. Some talk of WWIII as always being country A attacking country B. I say this does not have to be the case anymore since the demise of any nation (government) can be affected internally via internal sources, as we are witnessing and have witnessed in the previous months in some mid-east countries.

The power is you the power is me. Welcome to the new era of warfare!

Fadi.

Skalatharx
19-11-2011, 06:39 AM
No I'm not. Are you saying the aussie defence force is perfect? Everyone can improve, the americans could too, that's why I said what I did.

No we are far from being perfect, I agree that both forces would benefit.