• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fitness Modelling - where do i start?

mbh

I know this has been a previously posted thread by someone else, but i am looking to start fitness modelling.
I am already a sprint athlete and looking for a change (im only 18). I already go to the gym atleast 3x a week and have a relatively good diet but i have no idea where to start and how to change my current exercises to achieve a fitness model physique. I would like to find a trainer or nutritionist etc, or someone to give me a hand getting started. Any suggestions?

LOL @ Mike.

Well played sir!

OP, for a fitness model physique you don't need to do anything special, just 3 heavy compound full body routines a week and a strict calorie deficit.

Post up your diet + workout program if you can, that would help a lot. Also weight, height ect.

The best Physique in the world won't get you a gig if you have a butt ugly face.

Last edited:
As a sprint athlete i currently do 2 days per week legs/lower body 1 day doing squats/single leg leg press/stiff leg deadlifts with other variations and another doing deadlifts/single leg squats/step ups and different variations but now ive added 3 upper body workouts also with shoulders/tris one day, back and biceps another then chest usually with 4x10 or 12 reps. I weigh 61kg, 164cm tall.
Ive seen some improvement but not what i want, are these appropriate sort of reps/sets etc?
In terms of diet i eat well, but i dont have allot of knowledge in terms of how many carbs/fats/protein ratio i should be having a day, this was my main reason for seeking assistance.
@Shrek thanks for the obvious tip
:)

If i were to move into fitness modelling (which is not in my future goals), I'd start with attending some bb shows to get an idea of the physique required. I'd work with an experienced trainer who would also offer nutritional advice. Its not something you can do on your own without experience. I'd book a Dexa scan to determine a starting point and work out your true body composition to start working on symmetry and muscle size.

Fitness modelling requires complete dedication to training and diet and does not allow margins of error or leniency ...

Log what you eat in a day, and post it up here. To give us an idea of what your eating.

Do you have a plan when you go into the gym? You sort of just said what bodyparts your training on what day.

6-10 reps is what i would aim for personally, as a male it doesn't differ from a female from what ive read.

Log what you eat in a day, and post it up here. To give us an idea of what your eating.

Do you have a plan when you go into the gym? You sort of just said what bodyparts your training on what day.

6-10 reps is what i would aim for personally, as a male it doesn't differ from a female from what ive read.
I train like a dude...without the grunting....lol

6-10 would be correct, you will be training to build size so you would need to fit in a bulk, and cut when event gets closer.

Last edited:
It all depends on what kind of fitness model you want to be. The "Rebel Sport" girl wearing sports clothing or the model for supplement companies etc that needs to be fairly ripped and muscular.

Usually for breakfast ill eat 1/4 cup oats, 4 egg white and one whole usually with blueberries, advocado or something with a peice of burgen toast and a black coffee.
Mid morning either a tin of tuna/tacos with salad or chicken and veges lunch ill have something similar to mid morning or a stir fry with chicken or steak next meal is usually one of those things.
Dinner is usually steak/stir fry/chicken and/or veges. And then in between ill also sometimes have a protein shake (i drink BNRG proto whey) depending on my workout time and i take scivation xtend during.

I do have a plan that has the specific reps with proper overload etc. but it is specifically written for sprinting and the upper body stuff i plan myself so im looking for someone to do these for me, i dont really think i have enough knowledge yet to do it on my own.

@dave - protein companies and then possibly do some competing later on

I train like a dude...without the grunting....lol

6-10 would be correct, you will be training to build size so you would need to fit in a bulk, and cut when event gets closer.

no grunting aye?

i agree with what you said below about the 6-10.

Sorry to hijack the post but I was interested in the responses and am even more interested in the number of reps recommended.
Will 6-10 reps at a slightly higher weight increase muscle tone more than say 10-12 reps at a slightly lower weight?

If i were to move into fitness modelling (which is not in my future goals), I'd start with attending some bb shows to get an idea of the physique required. I'd work with an experienced trainer who would also offer nutritional advice. Its not something you can do on your own without experience. I'd book a Dexa scan to determine a starting point and work out your true body composition to start working on symmetry and muscle size.

Fitness modelling requires complete dedication to training and diet and does not allow margins of error or leniency ...

That's where I started and it is seriously all trial and era and I am by no means saying that I am a very experienced model but it's where you begin. Start small get a coach and watch shows become adjusted to the lifestyle and culture it is different to track

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just watched two girls at gym go through this, the way they trained and how their bodies just came together in the last few weeks was very cool.

They did the comp in Brisbane a few weeks ago. They didnt place but got top 10 call outs, They are very pretty girls, and looked amazing..must be a tough gig..

Glad i just try and lift heavy things..