• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle Motion Bumpers

Scottt

Hey guys,

First real post here, looking to setup my own home gym for O-lifts and Powerlifting. Came here for a bunch of ideas and info.

Just wondering if anyone has seen the Muscle Motion Bumpers that are on Gymdirect? These are the new ones that are labeled as 'Coming Soon'

Muscle Motion 150kg Bumper Weights set

Also, I wonder if anyone knows how long until they are in stock?

Cheers guys.

Best to PM The Hulk or contact Gym Direct via their website to find out the ETA

The new bumpers look good to me (from the web page). I wonder if the black bumpers are being phased out?

If you're looking to set-up a home gym I suggest checking out the gym direct package deals, they are great value

OK, i jumped on the phone this morning and it looks like late November is the arrival date.

Hamburgler, that was my thoughts too, I was going to get the IE plates up until seeing these. Freight to Cairns is an absolute killer and GymDirect works out much cheaper.

BigD, I keep juggling with that idea, I am starting to get into O-lifts and having the bumpers now would make things in the department very easy.

I would get the iron edge or garage gym bumpers, as they have a solid steel hub not brass or aluminium inserts that reform easily.

If you call them they might be able to work out some sort of deal where their standard rubber plates are substituted for the bumpers + some extra cost.

Most places are pretty good with things like that. Just specify that you only want 2x10, 2x15 and 2x20 cos a lot of those packages give you 4x10kg plates or something which is kinda useless imo. pair of 1.25s, 2.5s, 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s and then load up on 25s as you need em

Good news that Gym Direct is getting the bumpers in stock soon, I am very interested in these. I was going to get my standard oly weights off Iron Edge until I rang Gym Direct. I just purchased 250kg of muscle motion weights off them delivered for $685 as opposed to Iron Edges $1070 delivered for there colored weights. I'll admit I like the IE ones but I saved $385 buying the Gym Direct ones, and I got the 10% discount for being a member here. The freight from IE is huge to say the least, so I will get my bumpers from Gym Direct after xmas to save the bucks again. It's a shame as IE is good on the shelf price, but it dies with freight to where I live, which sux, but I think Hamburgler is right, the muscle motion ones look the same as the IE ones, so I'll get those I think.

They're sourced from the same international supplier.

With Iron Edge and their shipping get quotes from other freight companies.

Star Trek or whatever they use are crap as well as being expensive. Far better and cheaper ways of delivery out there.

Yeah it was the delivery that killed Iron Edge for me too.

trofius, these new MM Bumpers have the same specs as the IE Bumpers, including the steel reinforced Hub and the same width measurements. From what I can tell, possibly made in the same factory. Just stamped differently.

Damn, I can't call Gym Direct until Monday... The last choice now is what Barbell? I am thinking the basic Muscle Motion Barbell they have for $195. I know there are much better options for a long term Barbell such as ABC, Garage Gym, Pendlay, Texas, not to mention even bigger brands. I really only need the Bar to last a year and it would be a bit of a mix in terms of lifting. If I damage it within that time then I will be impressed.

Last edited:
LOL, I think the MM bar is the same as the one at IE too. I like the looks of it for the money. If I were getting a cheap bar I would purchase that one or the IE one for sure.

Hey guys, sorry to revive an old thread but I thought I would let everyone know that the bumpers arrived last week.

All in all I am really happy with them. The wait time was a bit much but I would say it was worth it. I was given a great price although I think they were dinged around a bit in shipping.
The half pallet they were deliver on was collapsed and some of the weights have been scuffed, which is a shame but not the end of the world. I mentioned this as soon as I received the weights but never received any reply or interest in the damage, which is a shame.

Oh well they work, I am happy to have weights!

Are they the MM ones from Gym Direct?

How bad is the damage?

You should never accept anything from a courier that has been damaged, as soon as you sign, you have waived your rights good by.

Yeah the MM ones from Gym Direct.

The damage was minor, some scaring. I picked the weights up from the Depot, there was no way to inspect the plates until I pulled them all out of the boxes. If anything I am more disappointed about there being no concern from GD.
I had to wait longer for the delivery then I should have in the first place because while I waited for the Plates they sold out of the Squat Stands I ordered, so after the plates came in I had to wait an extra week or so for something that was in stock when I placed my order.

All in all I am happy I have them, they are decent from what I can tell, they make solo lifting a hell of a lot easier.

I think Gym Direct are currently on an end of year break at the moment.
Probably why you have not received a reply yet.
You should get a reply if you emailed.