• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

self-esteem issues

mocha

Anyone ever feel like not good enough? jealous of other peoples lives?
I find myself like this sometimes.. phases.. i hate it..i hate being jealous of friends/cousins etc going out and doing these amazing things going overseas and just being generally cool and beautiful and talented
i know this makes me sound like a massive loser
but yeah
im happy for them, but then i just feel inadequate and like a loser
I don't really know how to boost my confidence

apart frm this
298096_237403509651613_1648447086_n.jpg

i had a massive shock to my self esteem , i moved schools and moved to a new town , left behind all my old friends
along came facebook and thought shit i can get in contact with all my old friends , bad mistake , here they are jet setting around the world , working high up in different firms all the cruising gigs etc

made me look at my life and realise shit what i have done , flunked out of high school(due to the move) had a dead end jobs . got mixed up with the wrong crowd and got into some trouble (never been locked up )

suffereing a bit of anxiety problems at the time , it was like a kick in the guts , until i sat down and realised that all the shit i had done was a life journey to where i am today , after realising i was with the wrong crowd and mixed up in things i went to tafe got some education landed a few good jobs , progressed to a radio station with a program with a potential listening audience of 150,000 pppl plus countless numbers online , was in charge of keeping that station on air

for me i found the best way to boost my confidence was a wardrobe change , i took up cycling to get fit which led into hitting the gym , and that to remember that sometimes things aren't all rosey on the inside , when you are looking through the window you see everything with rose tinted glasses

i had a massive shock to my self esteem , i moved schools and moved to a new town , left behind all my old friends
along came facebook and thought shit i can get in contact with all my old friends , bad mistake , here they are jet setting around the world , working high up in different firms all the cruising gigs etc

made me look at my life and realise shit what i have done , flunked out of high school(due to the move) had a dead end jobs . got mixed up with the wrong crowd and got into some trouble (never been locked up )

suffereing a bit of anxiety problems at the time , it was like a kick in the guts , until i sat down and realised that all the shit i had done was a life journey to where i am today , after realising i was with the wrong crowd and mixed up in things i went to tafe got some education landed a few good jobs , progressed to a radio station with a program with a potential listening audience of 150,000 pppl plus countless numbers online , was in charge of keeping that station on air

for me i found the best way to boost my confidence was a wardrobe change , i took up cycling to get fit which led into hitting the gym , and that to remember that sometimes things aren't all rosey on the inside , when you are looking through the window you see everything with rose tinted glasses

yes yes facebook is a big culprit in my case too..
hmm im happy for you, youve sorted it out ( or am i secretly jealous..jk :p)

ahh i just dont feel confident in myself alot of the time, i try to do all these things i think will make me feel good about myself on the inside like helping out volunteering at diff places,sponsoring a kid taking up diff sports and stuff, helping people, being nice, putting effort into how i look everyday, i have a boyfriend that loves me but then its like when one thing knocks my confidence and gets me down i just breakdown, and all off a sudden i hate myself/life and end up curling into a ball crying feeling sorry for myself.. like i especially have issues when people knock the way i look, like tonight my friend joked i was the ugliest out of everyonne in my profile picture, or if people call me fat, or when mum calls me a selfish princess shithead cos i only vaccuumed/mopped that week instead of helping out more around the house i just seriously break down, sometimes its random rude people in day to day life who pick on me and i just feel like why?! whats wrong with me..

Last edited:
You should take people's comments on FB with a grain of salt. The more immature and insecure folk will use it as a tool to promote a view of themselves that they want others to see. That doesn't necessarily mean it's based in reality. As u get older you'll give less of a shit what others think. You'll get more comfortable in your skin and won't waste time fretting about your appearance.

You don't need to volunteer and all that stuff to be a good person....just be decent to others, help your mum, and take the steps needed to hopefully have a good future (focus on real relationships/study/career/health etc).

You should take people's comments on FB with a grain of salt. The more immature and insecure folk will use it as a tool to promote a view of themselves that they want others to see. That doesn't necessarily mean it's based in reality. As u get older you'll give less of a shit what others think. You'll get more comfortable in your skin and won't waste time fretting about your appearance.

You don't need to volunteer and all that stuff to be a good person....just be decent to others, help your mum, and take the steps needed to hopefully have a good future (focus on real relationships/study/career/health etc).

he actually said it to me on skype
but thanks dkd

Actually my point above kinda ties into your other thread about implants. How old are you Mocha, 21 I think, is that right? You're just a pup, I wouldn't be rushing on those kind of decisions at such a young age. You may regret it down the track. Why the rush re the boobs, you said you're BF loved you....no need to rush on that one IMO.

Actually my point above kinda ties into your other thread about implants. How old are you Mocha, 21 I think, is that right? You're just a pup, I wouldn't be rushing on those kind of decisions at such a young age. You may regret it down the track. Why the rush re the boobs, you said you're BF loved you....no need to rush on that one IMO.

yeah the implants are just something i wanted , not to do with wanting to make him love me more.. i guess i want what i dont have. i cant do anything else to achieve an hourglass figure.. but i do realise its a big decision and obviously one i couldnt just make spurr of the moment because i dont have that money lying around anyway :p

The only thing I can say is don't compare yourself with others, people do this way too much, "why can't i look like him," "why can't i be like her," ect ect. And what is that going to do, just bring you down pretty much.

So be happy with yourself, everyone has breakdowns if they don't they are lying.

haha ok.. no i dont feel ugly cos i have small boobs or anything.. just i just think id feel abit more confident with bigger ones

this sounds like when guys say, "ill feel more cofident with bigger muscles." I can honestly say that with bigger muscles, my confidence has stayed the same

Bigger muscles just makes me more confident that I can carry more items when shopping at Bunnings....lol

Just go and do the things you want to do. Want to go.overseas then save up and do it. Who cares if someone else is jet setting around. Good for them but you probably have different goals if you aren't doing the same or you are not putting in the effort. If it is the effort that is the issue then you maybe need to look at yourself and your actions and adjust them accordingly or re-evaluate how important those goals are to you in the first place and then adjust from there.

But what would I know anyways, I am just straight up awesome.

I can't pretend to give you sage advice in a forum post that would make it all OK, but I can say, there's some good advice in this video that you might use.

http://youtu.be/qHE_XGtUNx4

Keep talking to those you love, ignore everyone else.

Last edited: