• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power rack advice

I personally have the Powertec rack w/ lat pull down option (not that I use lat tower anymore) and I've owned it for 3+ years and it's still going strong.
The only other rack I would even remotely consider would be this 7 Gauge Commercial Olympic Heavy Duty Multi Power Rack but with that rack space is an issue.
Also, if you buy the Powertec rack you won't find better service than at Sam's Fitness through Sam (owner) and Matt. They have helped me out numerous times since buying my package 3+years ago and are still more than happy to help.
I would avoid gymandfitness like cancer... I recently bought a barbell from them which bent in the first week and they still haven't replied to emails and phone message's... No answer in 4 weeks!

Both are nice racks. The powertec looks to have spotter bars that are faster/easier to adjust. You can save some height on the mmpr by flipping the chinup bar upside down

Ordered the MMPR from GymDirect on Friday, they rang this morning ready to deliver.

From what i've read all over these forums the MMPR is a great buy - im sure the PowerTec is equally as good.
(Personally prefer the chinup bar on the MMPR)

In my opinion buy which one is most convenient to pickup and fits your garage/house the best

powertec rack is a tad more solid and and can handle more weights i think 1000lbs where as MM can only handles 700... plus the dip bars are alot better on powertec only bad think about powertec is the pull up bar but i only do chin ups anyways so it doesnt effect me