• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Feeling like shit every morning help?

lonesoldier

For a while now i wake up every morning feeling like im hung over, even tho i dont even drink. U know when u get totally hammered and wake up feeling like absolute shit ,well its not that bad , i would say its about 2.5/10 that bad i really have to push myself to do things. Its only about lunch time that my body will finally kick into gear and i feel better, anyway its pissing me off. Any suggestions? are there mood enhancers that work? i would really appreciate it.
Thanx

Could be a psychological thing too.
Like things or activities in your day you really hate doing and you automatically get that feeling when you get up in the morning.

I know whan I was working as a builders labourer 6 days a week for years in my late 20's, with no end in sight, I used to dread every single day when I got up in the mornings.
It was like absolute torture.

When you say you have to push yourself to do things, would it be right in assuming these things are not activities you absolutely enjoy doing that bring you happiness and a sense of achievement and significance?

8-9 hours shrek, to the hulk yer sort of ,but even on days off like the weekend i feel like shit in the mornings i dont think its psychological as i go for a run in the mornings on weekends and practice play snooker/pool ,then usually hang out with mates which i am excited about the night before.But when i wake up I have to really push myself to go for a run, i wanna get really good at pool/snooker but when i feel like shit its hard to get motivated about it and concentrate.

Last edited:
What is your water intake like, lonesoldier?
I find that if i've become slightly dehydrated through the night I feel fairly average myself... everything stiff (not just the mg!), dry mouth tasting like a monkey shat in it, tired eyes and sometime sore head

I consume a fair bit of water altho towards the end of the night dont drink much water. yer i know the feeling of a dry mouth when i wake up its awful

i go to bed at 12am because i work nightshift and wake up around 8-8.30am. I rarely drink maybe a few beers on the weekends. I dont have any tea altho i do take caffeine pills before workouts.

Sounds like dehydration to me.. I get the same thing to the point where I feel like I can hardly move.

Electrolytes + water see
How you feel.

might cut back on milk before bed and have more cottage cheese with and a cup or 2 of water, summer is getting hotter its only gonna get worse.

How old are you? (teenagers can have issues here, needing more sleep and at different times of day to other people.)
Also, do you wake up and go back to sleep for a short while before dragging yourself out of bed?
If so, just try jumping out of bed the first time you wakeup and see how it goes.

How long has it been like this?

I would recommend getting full blood tests done. I had the same symptom and turned out to be low testosterone for me.

Possible issues - Micronutrient deficiencies, low fibre intake, food allergy. All of which lead to some form of hormonal function problem/issue.

How long has it been like this?

I would recommend getting full blood tests done. I had the same symptom and turned out to be low testosterone for me.

oh ok its worth considering. what did u do about having low testostrone?

last couple days i have felt alot better waking up, it really sucks tho on gym days when i wake up feeling like crap i feel i cant push myself to the max because im lacking motivation.

Last edited: