• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What bench would you recommend?

What bench would YOU buy

• ASFID super bench

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Commercial flat to incline

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Ironmaster super bench

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Powertec utility bench

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

captain howdy

I am just starting bodybuilding and after a rather bad experience with a cheap ebay bench I am looking to buy a quailty bench.

The benches i'm considering buying are:

• gymdirect ASFID super bench..............$345
  • gymdirect commercial flat to incline......$400
  • ironmaster super bench......................$400
  • powertec utilty bench........................$400
Have you guys found the decline feature useful or would I be better off with commercial grade? Any past experiences will be very helpful in making the right choice.

Do you really need the incline/decline benches? I started lifting 2 years ago and not once has my bench been in an incline posistion, just a thought. If it was me I would be buying a commercial flat bench imho

+1 to commercial flat. I would probably go gym direct, to get the 10% discount from ausbb

Iron Master super bench wins hands down. I have owned mine for going on 3+ years now, no problems with it ever in that time and I have no doubt it will last another 3+ years. Also, I am yet to lift on another bench which feels just as good and secure yet.

I'd get the wide GD one.

Nothing worse than your shoulders falling off whilst benching.

You want incline/decline prop it up or put it on your sloped driveway as I do :p

Incline/flat is all I use, I even took off the preacher and leg extention fittings, were good for hanging a towel.....

I bought the ASFID. It is a good bench but if I had my time again I would possibly go with commercial flat; nothing beats a straight flat surface to bench from... will all depend on if I get to you the inclince part! :)

I don't understand why anyone would buy a bench with the annoying two part section when an Ironmaster bench is the same price, is all one piece and has incline, decline, flat and everything in between.

To be fair on the ASFID, it is long enough for me to bench soley of the back rest part.

My comment should have been aimed more at stability differences between adjustable and flat benchs. I think that any back rest attached by a bolt is not going to be as stable as a simple flat bench.

When it comes to bench's this is perfection.

31e1bm0hueL._AA280_.jpg