• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Personal trainer makes himself obese

Good marketing tool though it is nothing like someone who is Predisposed to simply sorting fat easily. Not to mention the psychological aspects of a Person.

He is still lighter then me :p

yep been done before. very interesting though

But is never going to be the same as a long term obese person getting into shape for the first time in their lives.
If you 've done something before, it's easy to do it again, so the PT's job getting back to original state is alot easier than long term obese people, who have never been there before.

Seems like a bit of an insult to overweight / obese people. From the article: "The father-of-two hopes to use the project as a way to help understand the physical, emotional and mental toll that weight gain and weight loss may have". That makes me rage :mad:.

He cannot purposely pile on a bunch of weight then lose it all within 12 months, using his existing diet and training knowledge, motivation techniques, presumably some remaining strength and conditioning and whatever else and come out of it expecting to understand "the physical, emotional and mental toll".

I don't think somekind of pseudo-help/pity bullshit will endear him to the overweight community, nor terribly motivate them.

hes bulking

he trains at dohertys, very jealous

and he should shake that chocolate milk at 1:07

Last edited:
Have you heard the phrase, that you cant understand how it is for someone else unless you walk a mile in there shoes.
Well this guy has taken it literaly.

Trainer deliberately makes himself obese

There may be a time and a place for that phrase, and I don't see what that trainer did as being that time and place.

I'd much prefer this phrase: A smart man learns from his mistakes, but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others. In other words, if I see you fall in a hole and scream with agony, I would not have to do like wise to feel your pain, which is best avoided altogether. When seeing a negative event unfold, I'd much rather understand all about it than experience it.

Fadi.

That statement sounds like a contradiction, How can you truly understand something you have not experienced.
Tell me something, does this statement also sound like a contradiction to you: "I'd treat them equally but not the same". Looking forward to your reply.

Now re the first statement I made, you'd be right on the money in that it does sound like a contradiction but it's not, or rather, it does not have to be. You see, if someone has aids, I can ask them about their feelings and what they are going through and fully understand their difficulty. Everyone of us knows what a feeling of joy feels like and what a feeling of sorrow feels like. Sadness and happiness are feelings we all share due to having emotions. Empathy and not sympathy, is a word that denotes exactly what I'm talking about here. I can empathise with your pain because I know what pain is and what pain feels like (even though it's not the same as your pain) and so on and so forth...

So the common denominator here is the inbuilt emotions that we all share, irrespective of the trigger or the external influence upon these emotions, which may (and does) differ between one and another.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Ha ha
when I posted, I tried to think of somthing to say to introduce the topic.
I wouldnt have expected the conversation to swing this way.

However, personally I think I would have a hard time listening to a trainer trying to tell me how to loose weight, unless they had been overweight themselves once and through their techneques lost the weight.

to me applied knowlege is better, especially in bodybuilding. I would deffinatly not take any notice of a skinny twig of fat and floppy trying to tell me whats best for muscle building. I wouldnt care what course they did. I say "show me the money" (haha probably used that phrase wrong too)