• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CoD vs Halo

pistachio

For the gamers out there, specifically the FPS gamers, which do you prefer?

MW3 and Halo CE Anniversary come out around the same time, in 2-3 weeks. Which, if any, will you be getting?

I used to play Halo 3 heaps, until I got rid of my xbox. Recently I've been playing Black Ops as my friend lent me his console, and while I hated it at first, I've finally gotten good and am enjoying it a lot more.

Halo 4 is coming out in 2012, so I want to decide which I want to play. I'm very competitive, so won't play both as playing one will make me play suboptimal in the other.

HALO ALL THE WAY.

halo_master_chief-jpg-2.jpg

Yeah reach wasn't as good as other Halo's still pretty good though and i played multiplayer a lot.

I still play xbox live halo 3, its seriously one of the best games ever made.

got call of duty black ops here , still in the plastic wrapper , has been for 6months think its about time i drag it out and give it a burl

Yeah reach wasn't as good as other Halo's still pretty good though and i played multiplayer a lot.

I still play xbox live halo 3, its seriously one of the best games ever made.

Have to agree with you there. I definitely miss playing it.

Apparently Halo CE anniversary will be basically Reach with new maps.

Would you recommend reach for a person who enjoyed halo 3?

got call of duty black ops here , still in the plastic wrapper , has been for 6months think its about time i drag it out and give it a burl

That's what I've been playing lately. I'm pretty sure I still prefer halo, although I do like how you can make different classes. Opens up the game for a lot more strategy.

Plus I love killstreaks. I think they are unbalanced (the rich get richer, ie the better you are, the better killstreaks you get, and therefore the more kills you get). But seeing as I am a good player, I like the idea that it makes me even better lol

COD MW2 was and still is awesome, Black Ops was shit and a massive let down and I've pre-ordered COD MW3... I actually can't wait til it comes out.

I've only played Halo 1 (not a fan of xbox, although I have an original and a 360) and it was a decent game but COD owns it.

Console fags!

I'm not a fan of cod, only ever played one, number 4 and nazi zombies was some fun.

Halo, wellt he first and second one where great, the third still good, reach, well i heard it was pretty crap (besides jet packs).

For me, I'll be getting Battlefield 3 (PC) so my FPS fun...

Have to agree with you there. I definitely miss playing it.

Apparently Halo CE anniversary will be basically Reach with new maps.

Would you recommend reach for a person who enjoyed halo 3?

Yeah Halo CE anniversary will be sweet, probably won't get it though due to lack of money.

Nah, don't get reach unless you get it cheap (under $50). The campaign is fun the first time, some decent gameplay in arena or whatever its called, mulitplayer is good.

fkn halo fags

nazi zombies ftw

Zombies is great, gets boring once you 'beat' it though. When you get to the point where it takes about 30 minutes to get through one round, it just becomes a grind. The first 30 waves are pretty good fun though, and getting the perfect weapons/perks set up and PaPing everything.

COD MW2 was and still is awesome, Black Ops was shit and a massive let down and I've pre-ordered COD MW3... I actually can't wait til it comes out.

Curious, why was black ops a let down? Its the only CoD i've played, it seems ok to me. You get the usual lame CoD shit such as ridiculous camping (ie lying prone on the floor in the corner of a room with your gun pointed at the stairway, or camping at the top of a set of stairs etc).

What makes you think MW3 will be much different than black ops? (in terms of multiplayer) I've had a look at the perks on the wiki, they look pretty weak compared to the perks in black ops. There are some perks in black ops that just own and I can't justify using any other perk.

Console fags!

I'm not a fan of cod, only ever played one, number 4 and nazi zombies was some fun.

Halo, wellt he first and second one where great, the third still good, reach, well i heard it was pretty crap (besides jet packs).

For me, I'll be getting Battlefield 3 (PC) so my FPS fun...

I much prefer FPS on consoles, they require more skill IMO. Using a mouse is easy, using the thumbsticks requires greater coordination. Only game I'll play on PC (and am looking forward to) is Diablo 3. Can't wait for that shit.

i defiantly enjoyed cod5 zombies better than black ops zombies. WW2 weapons just was more fun against zombies.

btw halo reach has a zombie like gameplay as well.

Yeah, I think firefight could be a bit of fun.

Yeah Halo CE anniversary will be sweet, probably won't get it though due to lack of money.

Nah, don't get reach unless you get it cheap (under $50). The campaign is fun the first time, some decent gameplay in arena or whatever its called, mulitplayer is good.

Hmm, I am going to borrow Reach and console off a friend, if I like it, I'll probably go Halo anniversary.

I am torn though, if I got MW3 on release, I reckon I'd rip it up. I'm currently on a K/D of 2.1, but this is on an account that was sitting at a K/D of 0.25 when I first started. I never go negative these days, and even against good people, I'm usually running a K/D of 1.5-2. Against shit people, get myself a blackbird and a chopper gunner, and I'm usually going around 30+ kills with <5 deaths. Good times.

Back in the halo days, I was on a K/D ratio of about 2.6 I think from memory. But that was only rumble pit (ie single player), never played team slayer.

The way I see it, halo is much more fun for grenades (you get more and can throw them further, plus sticky grenades are great). I also like the strategic element of controlling the power weapons on the map. And it is harder to die, thus you don't get ridiculous camping like you do in CoD. Plus I love the medal system, it is just so satisfying seeing them flying up on your screen. I had a game of CoD last night and got what would have been a killimanjaro in Halo, would have been much more satisfying pulling that off in Halo. Plus Halo stores all your medals which is fun to look at later (how many killing sprees you've had, how many multi kills etc)

Downsides to Halo is the xbox gold subscription and the fact I'll have to invest in a 360. Plus side is I can get a headset cheaply to trash talk people. And after playing so much TDM in CoD, I might give team slayer a go.

I like the strategic element of CoD (ie setting up classes for different maps and different strategies, and then using different classes depending on what other people play). I also like the killstreaks. But some games are just lame, depending on how the opponents play.

However, Halo remake would be a bit less 'new', as in all the people playing reach would have a headstart on me. If I played MW3, everyone would be starting on the same level, so that'd be more enjoyable. (more noobs to kill lol).

Hmm......

Curious, why was black ops a let down? Its the only CoD i've played, it seems ok to me. You get the usual lame CoD shit such as ridiculous camping (ie lying prone on the floor in the corner of a room with your gun pointed at the stairway, or camping at the top of a set of stairs etc).

What makes you think MW3 will be much different than black ops? (in terms of multiplayer) I've had a look at the perks on the wiki, they look pretty weak compared to the perks in black ops. There are some perks in black ops that just own and I can't justify using any other perk.

If you had played MW2 you'd understand what I'm saying... Everyone I know that played MW2 then played Black Ops are of the same opinion as me... The only thing I liked about BO was the graphics, everything else (guns, perks, levels, etc) was just a let down.
I think MW3 will redeem the COD franchise as the same people that created MW2 created MW3... Another company made BO.

If you had played MW2 you'd understand what I'm saying... Everyone I know that played MW2 then played Black Ops are of the same opinion as me... The only thing I liked about BO was the graphics, everything else (guns, perks, levels, etc) was just a let down.
I think MW3 will redeem the COD franchise as the same people that created MW2 created MW3... Another company made BO.

are you kidding? thats the only let down of that game. graphics and sound.

mw2 > everything

can't wait for mw3, but i still think mw2 will be hard to top. i still play it here and there, pretty sick of it though. i was addicted to it at one stage, playing it couple hours everyday after work. i have over 70,000 kills then deaths with no camping bullshit :)

COD2 > All other COD's... Period.

Kar98k TDM 8v8 all Aussie game on Burgendy or Carentan!!! Nothing beats it, Halo is the ultra noob game. BRB spray & pray sword n00b fests.