• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Little help/options/etc

Mikeraphone

Ok, surprisingly hard for me to talk about this but if anyone can relate it's in here.

I feel like shit lately. Late 20s. Im working fulltime and back at Uni fulltime. Im not making gains. Im ALWAYS tired. I can pretty much sit down anywhere, close my eyes and fall asleep. Fat comes on super easy, muscle super hard.

I'd like to explore my options of legal test to get me back up to peak levels, and hopefully a little past peak to FINALLY gain some mass.

Firstly, can anybody recommend a good GP in Melbourne?

Secondly, how long is the whole process and how much does it cost?

I guess after then Ive got to work out a good stack yeah? I mean to keep estrogen down and stuff? Or will the doc help me with that?

first off, what have you been doing in your training? following a particular program?

What makes you think you need test?

I snooped around on here and read some threads and it seems to describe what I am going through right now.

I guess my point is Im NOT sure, so I want to go to the doctor, and thus why I asked for a good doc in Melb, rather than just go black market. I want a blood test etc.

Last edited:
I snooped around on here and read some threads and it seems to describe what I am going through right now.

It's highly unlikely you need or want test. Those symptoms could be a million different things.

He is a few questions which might help find a problem.
what training program are you doing?
What are your max lifts.
Height and weight.
Whats your diet like, calories, protein, carbs, fat
How much sleep you getting.

How about you get blood tests done first.

Like Ive said...

I'd like to explore my options of legal test to get me back up to peak levels.

I guess after then Ive got to work out a good stack yeah? I mean to keep estrogen down and stuff? Or will the doc help me with that?

I guess my point is Im NOT sure, so I want to go to the doctor, and thus why I asked for a good doc in Melb, rather than just go black market. I want a blood test etc.

Any GP can provide a blood test. Why do you need a recommendation?

I wasnt sure if every GP was open to test as a treatment, if that is what the blood tests show. I didnt want to go through all of it only to be met by a close minded doctor and plus was hoping to find one who would then go on to give good advice and recommendations.

I may be wrong, but Im just assuming that as with everything in life, not all Doctors share the same views or have the same knowledge in certain fields.

So I was really hoping for an answer along the lines of "Go check out Dr. Blah blah, he/she really knows their stuff about this topic and will be able to give you some great advice." Rather than just play the lottery.

You work full time and go to uni fulltime. Do you think that may be your issue? How much sleep do you get? How has your diet gone with the small amount of time you have for preparation? How much down time are you getting?

So what your saying is you have self diagnosed yourself with low test and you want us to give you the name of a GP who is very loose with his test prescriptions.

No, not at all. Look, sorry, forget I asked. Delete my account. Ill just throw a dart in the phone book and hope I find a GP who is a little more understanding and can steer me in the right direction.

I would like to point out that if I was after what you suggest, I'd just go black market. It's probably quicker and cheaper.

It's highly unlikely you need or want test. Those symptoms could be a million different things.

He is a few questions which might help find a problem.
what training program are you doing?
What are your max lifts.
Height and weight.
Whats your diet like, calories, protein, carbs, fat
How much sleep you getting.

Seriously answer some of these questions and people here will help you out.

You work full time and go to uni fulltime. Do you think that may be your issue? How much sleep do you get? How has your diet gone with the small amount of time you have for preparation? How much down time are you getting?

I manage about 7 hours a night actually. I am sure that is part of why I am tired, but this is kind of a problem Ive been having for about a year now and it's just been getting worse and recently hit an apex. It's kind of effecting my work/uni, rather than the other way around, which I'm sure is what you're thinking may be a cause.

Seriously answer some of these questions and people here will help you out.

what training program are you doing? 5x5
What are your max lifts. Off top of head for chest, as I just did it today, and using a one rep max calculator, about 90kg is one rep max.
Height and weight. 94kg, 6'3.
Whats your diet like, calories, protein, carbs, fat.: Around 3000 cals a day. Trying to stay low fat, moderate carbs (from whole grains, brown rice etc), high protein.
How much sleep you getting: on average I would say 7hours a night.

Last edited:
what training program are you doing? 5x5
What are your max lifts. Off top of head for chest, as I just did it today, 92kg is one rep max.
Height and weight. 94kg, 6'3.
Whats your diet like, calories, protein, carbs, fat.: Around 3000 cals a day. Trying to stay low fat, moderate carbs (from whole grains, brown rice etc), high protein.
How much sleep you getting: on average I would say 7hours a night.

Cool.

Sorry a few more questions.

There are a million 5x5 programs out there so how does your program look for the week.

What is chest max. Bench I'm guessing.

What about dead, and squat max if possible.

3000 calories isn't heaps especially for someone doing a lot. Are you gaining or losing weight? Also why low fat, that may be your problem if your fat is too low.

Ok, surprisingly hard for me to talk about this but if anyone can relate it's in here.

I feel like shit lately. Late 20s. Im working fulltime and back at Uni fulltime. Im not making gains. Im ALWAYS tired. I can pretty much sit down anywhere, close my eyes and fall asleep. Fat comes on super easy, muscle super hard.

I'd like to explore my options of legal test to get me back up to peak levels, and hopefully a little past peak to FINALLY gain some mass.

Secondly, how long is the whole process and how much does it cost?

I don't know any Doc's around your part of Aus, so I can't help on that front, but I wanted to let you know that your diet MAY be playing a role in how your feeling.
I suggest this because I was eating a 3000 cal diet that was high protien, moderate carbs and fat, but I too was feeling shit and tired all the time, I also have 2 jobs (with erratic hrs) and study a full-time student load at Southern Cross University so I thought it was just not sleeping properly etc. I upped my carbs and cals but found myself feeling even worse, so I thought I'd try a different track and eat high protien/high fat low carbs like less than 100-130g a day and I have never felt better. I have plenty of energy again, I sleep better, and i am able to work allot harder in the gym now. I'm not on a ketogenic diet, just low carb and high fat high protein as that's what works for me. If I were you, I'd try to muck around with your diet first, see if by changing a few things up you get different results.
Good luck mate, I hope you find what your after.

I don't know any Doc's around your part of Aus, so I can't help on that front, but I wanted to let you know that your diet MAY be playing a role in how your feeling.
I suggest this because I was eating a 3000 cal diet that was high protien, moderate carbs and fat, but I too was feeling shit and tired all the time, I also have 2 jobs (with erratic hrs) and study a full-time student load at Southern Cross University so I thought it was just not sleeping properly etc. I upped my carbs and cals but found myself feeling even worse, so I thought I'd try a different track and eat high protien/high fat low carbs like less than 100-130g a day and I have never felt better. I have plenty of energy again, I sleep better, and i am able to work allot harder in the gym now. I'm not on a ketogenic diet, just low carb and high fat high protein as that's what works for me. If I were you, I'd try to muck around with your diet first, see if by changing a few things up you get different results.
Good luck mate, I hope you find what your after.

Thanks buddy. Really appreciate it.

So basically you're doing a borderline keto diet yeah? How has the low carb affected you in the gym?