• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

safe tanning?

pistachio

Is there such a thing?

Can you gradually and safely tan without causing skin damage or premature ageing? I don't want to look like leather when i get older, I just want to have a bit of colour. I am so fair that when I go out in the sun, I need sunnies to look at my skin the glare is that bad.

I have made a conscious effort over the last month to get some sun, been trying where possible to get 20 minutes a day (10 minutes both side) and I am very slowly getting some colour, but I am cautious of damaging my skin.

Will this approach safely give me a gradual tan? Or is there no such thing as a safe tan and I have to accept my lot in life as a whitey?

i got a natural tan, any time in the sun i start to go brown lol u jelly? hahaha

i dont think tanning is safe, so id try to keep it to an absolute minimum...

As in like a spray tan or something? Can't be bothered with that.

I'm also doing it cos I am actually vitamin d deficient. That's how busy I've been the last few years. Vitamin d deficient and living in one of the sunniest countries in the world.

just make sure u got some decent sunscreen on...

I'm pretty sure that sunscreen prevents the synthesis of vitamin d.

That's why I'm just doing like 10 minutes a day either side. Surely that can't be dangerous?? It's not even in the heat of the day, its at like 2pm or around that time. If I get out later, like 4 or 5, then I stay out for a lot longer as there is no intensity in the sun anymore at that time of day (at least not yet anyway, a few months down the track it might be a different story).

Any amount of time in the sun will have some danger and that will add up the longer you are in the sun. Simple as that.

2pm is still peak time, think its from 11 till 4. If it gives you hope they're close to releasing a pill that'll protec you from the sun and the side effect is your skin turns tan.

Check out some Melanotan II
i was about to suggest this.. its not approved or anything tho, i know a guy taking it and he has an awesome tan.. the idea of it sounds cool, it not exactly a fake tan, uses your own melatonin in your skin, and makes it tan more or something..id love to try it when i know more about it/ safety

i think you have to order it online form some canadian site

i was about to suggest this.. its not approved or anything tho, i know a guy taking it and he has an awesome tan.. the idea of it sounds cool, it not exactly a fake tan, uses your own melatonin in your skin, and makes it tan more or something..id love to try it when i know more about it/ safety

i think you have to order it online form some canadian site

There are plenty of places to still get it in Aus. A good freind of mine that was prepping for a comp last year took it and it gave great results with very little sun exposure. He spent just 20 mins in the sun a week with it and went from pale to a dark tan.

There are plenty of places to still get it in Aus. A good freind of mine that was prepping for a comp last year took it and it gave great results with very little sun exposure. He spent just 20 mins in the sun a week with it and went from pale to a dark tan.

oh really? is it legal?

2pm is still peak time, think its from 11 till 4. If it gives you hope they're close to releasing a pill that'll protec you from the sun and the side effect is your skin turns tan.

Honestly?

Melanotan sounds safer..

I've heard the jury is still out on whether it is safe to actually use?

From what I've read, it seems perfectly fine in terms of how it actually works and what it does. And seems like the best option too.

thats what melanotan was designed for^^ prevent skin cancer i think

In theory, i think you are right.

The body produces melanin when exposed to UV and the melanin protects the body by absorbing solar radiation.

So in theory, you should be safer in the sun after using this as well, if it naturally increases your melanin levels.

The question is, is it safe to increase your melanin levels artificially in this way, above the level that your genetics predetermine?